Sim racers - what are you running?

Associate
I've moved onto the Porsche Cup car on iRacing. Jesus christ, it's hard to drive. My SR and iR have fallen (and continue to fall!) off a cliff.
It's enjoyable, but I lost two license levels learning it. The ffb is a bit light as well on the car so there's not much feedback where the limit is so death spins are easy until you learn where the cars limits are

Soldato
Before the used G29 set i bought even arrives I am already thinking of upgrading lol.

Was thinking the Fanatech csl dd with 5nm or possibly 8nm option ready to race kit.

It comes bundled with Fanatechs cheapest pedals and steering wheel and no gear stick.

Im not worried so much about the steering wheel and i can do without a gear stick i guess but are the pedals naff.
Will i just want to upgrade the pedals as soon as i use them or are they actually good.

Soldato
Before the used G29 set i bought even arrives I am already thinking of upgrading lol.

Was thinking the Fanatech csl dd with 5nm or possibly 8nm option ready to race kit.

It comes bundled with Fanatechs cheapest pedals and steering wheel and no gear stick.

Im not worried so much about the steering wheel and i can do without a gear stick i guess but are the pedals naff.
Will i just want to upgrade the pedals as soon as i use them or are they actually good.
Do you play on consoles?

If not, i would broaden your horizon a bit

Soldato
i have xbox series x and PC, do you mean look at better kit or different brands etc
different brands. If you are strickly going to play on PC then i would look beyond fanatec,

Check simagic, Asetek and Moza for 5-12nm wheelbase's

• Simagic has simagic alpa and alpha mini(15nm and 10nm)
  • Moza has r5 and R8(5nm and 8nm)
  • Asetek has the la prima(12nm)
All 3 for instance have a better Quick release and better third party wheel support(You could even 3d print your own and fit a moza, simagic or asetek QR if you wanted to)

Associate
Tried my first race on iRacing since week 12 of the season (so 3 weeks basically). Though that since it rained for a bit yesterday that it would be cool enough to give it a go. So, jumped in with 2 feet. My first time driving the new Cadillac GTP car around The Ring for 60 minutes. Lasted 15 minutes before the sweat was running down my back :cry:

Pitted at he 20 minute mark and withdrew. Waaaaaaaaaaay too hot still.

Soldato
Hi @everyone

We are excited to present the latest addition to our lineup - the MOZA #R12 DD base and #KS wheel!

Boasting an impressive 12Nm DD torque, the R12 offers enhanced force feedback details for a more immersive experience. The KS wheel comes packed with an array of impressive features, at a price that's hard to beat!

Available now:
New gear from moza

Soldato
I know this thread is more for rig equipment but just wanted to comment on RF2.

I'm off to the 'ring next weekend and have been practising using PCars2 (sometimes AC) as these have Lancer Evos to use (I'm taking my 9GT)

Not looking at times, it's a tourist day. Just want to have a rough idea what is coming and make sure I can stay out of my own way :)

I tried RF2 last night for the first time. Bought the 'Ring track and an M2CS. RF2 feels so much better than other sims. I have an Alpha Mini, P2000 pedals and a 49" screen.

I've always been disappointed with my ACC times and not that I was particularly quick, RF2 gives far more realistic feedback.

Associate
I know this thread is more for rig equipment but just wanted to comment on RF2.

I'm off to the 'ring next weekend and have been practising using PCars2 (sometimes AC) as these have Lancer Evos to use (I'm taking my 9GT)

Not looking at times, it's a tourist day. Just want to have a rough idea what is coming and make sure I can stay out of my own way :)

I tried RF2 last night for the first time. Bought the 'Ring track and an M2CS. RF2 feels so much better than other sims. I have an Alpha Mini, P2000 pedals and a 49" screen.

I've always been disappointed with my ACC times and not that I was particularly quick, RF2 gives far more realistic feedback.
Better than iracing? I'm just dipping a toe into racing as I've always hated using a controller whereas a wheel and pedals might work better. I do sprints and hillclimbs in a caterham IRL so I'm looking for something that is as realistic as possible.

Have bought a G29 set up for now as I'm not sure whether this will be for me, and don't want to drop any serious cash for the moment. Every £ spent on this is a £ spent not racing for real!

Back
Top Bottom