Sim racers - what are you running?

Soldato
Really considering a fanatec DD Pro now, but I'm hearing they have massive shipment delays at the moment as they've moved warehouse. Anyone had any dealings with them in the last month? Gutted as I was hoping to use it this week!
Ordered the QR2 a few weeks ago, you get an email updating you on the progress and explaining that there will be a delay to the item being shipped even though the website states shipped.

Just a little patience is needed I suspect

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah still radio silence from Logitech and its been 8 days. I did see a review on trust pilot advising they are also moving warehouse but they haven’t communicated this to any customers at all, awful service for a big company.

Associate
Hi guys,

I'm new to sim racing so after some help from experienced sim racers - looking for a small footprint sturdy cockpit - with a sliding seat what would you recommended?
I've got the Fanatec clubsport DD+ on order so something that will pair with that nicely. No monitor mount needed that will be coming off the wall.

Soldato
I think the most compact with sliding seat would be likely be Next Level Racing GTTrack, I dont have any experience with these though, I think @House might have recently upgraded from one so could probably pitch in here.
However, I'd definitely recommend looking at a profile rig if I were you, They really dont take up that much more room, will be a little bit wider, not much difference length-wise. However a profile rig is much more adjustable, stiffer and upgradable. Something like the GT Omega prime lite/TR80/NLR GTElite, would be a good starting point. However it greatly depends on your budget. If you could push to the 160 profile rigs even better. Just bare in mind though often with these profile rigs seats are additional cost, starting prices for the 80mm profile rigs are about £400 mark minus seat.

Last edited:
Soldato
:eek: how is the NLR GT Track so expensive?! Another vote for getting a profile rig for all the reasons Steve said plus it might actually work out cheaper.

As for a seat, I know most profile rig places sell seats. But the other option is find a cheap car seat on fb marketplace, ebay etc. As almost any will fit (some with modification) and more often than not they’ll come with the seat runners.

Soldato
Hi guys,

I'm new to sim racing so after some help from experienced sim racers - looking for a small footprint sturdy cockpit - with a sliding seat what would you recommended?
I've got the Fanatec clubsport DD+ on order so something that will pair with that nicely. No monitor mount needed that will be coming off the wall.
What i had was the GT Omega Apex wheel stand, with one of their seats and the frame extension. It was solid enough for my wheel CSL DD 8nm and the pedal tray was ok even with a load cell brake, it flexed when you gave it some boot but was ok, is about £400 now i think.
Biggest issue was getting stuff in the right place, i'm a big guy (6'7") so getting the wheel high enough but not too close was a bit of a compromise.
Profile is better but your gonna spend more, the GT omega Prime lite is around £550 with a seat, and i can recommend GT Omega.

My new set up is TrakRacer TR160 and its very nice but large and expensive, and Trakracer CS are just PAIN to deal with.

Associate
Thanks guys for the input, I will definitely check out the rigs you have suggested. Just looking on my own I first thought about the play seat trophy as it's nice and small, but no sliding seat for friends to jump on and have a go or my son.

Being a complete noob I don't really know what I was looking for but these two rigs looked OK to me, these considered aluminium profile and any good?
Sim-labs team REDLINE TR1

Simétik Cockpit k2 or K3

Soldato
I personally don't like stuff with angles, if you raise or lower the wheel it moves forward or backwards.
That said my rig is built for me, the seat is on sliders so i can crank it forward for people to have a go but im not moving the wheel up or down and im not moving the pedal deck (even though its on "quick release" ratchet things, One time i let someone move the pedals they unscrewed the plate to much and i had to spend 20mins and some skin getting the bolt back in the t nut under the wheel and monitor.

Soldato
I personally don't like stuff with angles, if you raise or lower the wheel it moves forward or backwards.
I agree, I really dont understand this push to go with angled back upright profiles, it really puts me off.

Honestly if looking for Profile rig, GT Omega are probably some of the best value for money and the customer service is probably one of the best on the market.
The simlabs stuff is good quality. However, for me, they just wernt an option since they changed their lineup to include non-standard profiles and angles. Unnecessary and an absolute step backwards when it comes to the ability to customise, adjust and upgrade in my opinion.

Associate
Small footprint rig with sliding seat? Here's one I made earlier...

Associate
Small footprint rig with sliding seat? Here's one I made earlier...

That looks brilliant how much would that cost to make the finished product?

Associate
The aluminium profile and associated gubbins cost me about £450 back in 2019. Have always felt it's over-engineered (fortunately no weight penalty in sim racing) and could probably have been done at least slightly cheaper. For example the base and pedal box could be done with 40x80 and 40x40 respectively rather than the 40x120 and 40x80 that I actually used...

RigLightweight.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah still radio silence from Logitech and its been 8 days. I did see a review on trust pilot advising they are also moving warehouse but they haven’t communicated this to any customers at all, awful service for a big company.

So my pedals have randomly shown up this morning, no prior warning. 30 minutes after they have arrived the tracking appeared, the wheel is showing as delayed with UPS. What a farce Logitech are!

Soldato
Thats pretty shockingly poor for a company that used to be known for its CS and communication.

It's been terrible!! It seems from reading trust pilot loads of other customers in a similar boat. They still haven't re-charged me since the pending amount vanished. I suspect they will in time. Utter madness, UPS not giving an estimated date on the wheel yet, I will see the pedals got from germany to my house within 24 hours which is impressive!

Associate
It's been terrible!! It seems from reading trust pilot loads of other customers in a similar boat. They still haven't re-charged me since the pending amount vanished. I suspect they will in time. Utter madness, UPS not giving an estimated date on the wheel yet, I will see the pedals got from germany to my house within 24 hours which is impressive!
Is this logitech or fanatec you're talking about?

Associate
I'm looking for a good bang for buck wheel / pedal set to give them a go. I've been using a pad for F1, Forza and now ACC but I really want to try out a proper wheel.

I keep on looking at the Moza R3/R5 bundles and Fanatec CSL bundles, but then I think if I'm spending several hundred I may as well upgrade this bit & that bit and all of a sudden I'm spending £6-700 on something I may not enjoy.

So I'm currently looking at Thrustmaster T248 which second hand appear to be 120-180, which seems like a no brainer to try it out.

Has anybody been in similar situation and got any advice which route? I'm leaning towards getting a second hand T248. Even new I can see for £240 then sell it for £150 upgrade / don't enjoy it.

Soldato
I'm looking for a good bang for buck wheel / pedal set to give them a go. I've been using a pad for F1, Forza and now ACC but I really want to try out a proper wheel.

I keep on looking at the Moza R3/R5 bundles and Fanatec CSL bundles, but then I think if I'm spending several hundred I may as well upgrade this bit & that bit and all of a sudden I'm spending £6-700 on something I may not enjoy.

So I'm currently looking at Thrustmaster T248 which second hand appear to be 120-180, which seems like a no brainer to try it out.

Has anybody been in similar situation and got any advice which route? I'm leaning towards getting a second hand T248. Even new I can see for £240 then sell it for £150 upgrade / don't enjoy it.
I'd suggest looking at a T300 at a minimum if you are going to dip your toe in as it were. It will give you a bit more milage for your money. Better feedback and an entire ecosystem of upgradability (Interchangable wheels etc). Only thing both of these will suffer is the pedal set will suck on both and would be the first upgrade if you were to stick with it. Used, the T300 package can be had for about the same maybe only a little bit more than the t248.
I ran the t300 for a couple of years and it was a really good wheel.

The smaller form factor DD wheels that are being pushed out now really are good value for money, and are really worth it. However it quickly adds up if you are getting a DD wheel with better pedal options, as possible as it is to run it in a desk mount configuration. Your really would benefit from a simrig to really make the most of it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom