Sim racers - what are you running?

Associate
Well I had a nice wee surprise today with my Asetek goodies arriving a day ahead of schedule. A little bit of rig faffing later and we now have it all functioning well.

Even managed to win my first race using it (GT4 Open at the Nordschleife) setting 3 personal best laps consecutively.

52881779974_e2ce2a68fb_b.jpg

Would have been nice if the cables for the 2 pushbuttons were a touch longer so that they could be managed away better. Also, the USB cable from base to PC isn't that long either so a longer 1 will be needed to tidy things up.

My 1st enduro (2 hours at The 'Ring) went better than expected. Started 18th (no qually) and finished 3rd. A very sweaty experience. :cry:

Last edited:
Associate
Remember I have just a monitor, pedals and wheelbase. What you have is on another level.

I don’t envy the cable tidying job you have one bit :cry:

Also, my Fanatec gear was for sale for all of 10 mins before it had a buyer.

Last edited:
Associate
I bought the box.

Am I happy?* Nope. Is it significantly better? Yes! The box is great. I could probably do with another one for the small excess of cables on the floor. Ignore the yellow ethernet lead, it's being replaced with a shorter black one. :)

*with the overall cable management on the rig

Associate
I'd have the PC somewhere else (Unless you have AC in your room). My PC (12700k and 4090) is located on the other side of my room from the cockpit and my room still gets hot. The PC behind your monitors like that is just gonna be like a 500W heater in the face, even worse once we are into the hot summer months.

Soldato
I'd have the PC somewhere else (Unless you have AC in your room). My PC (12700k and 4090) is located on the other side of my room from the cockpit and my room still gets hot. The PC behind your monitors like that is just gonna be like a 500W heater in the face, even worse once we are into the hot summer months.
Is your room up stairs or downstairs?

Associate

We have AC, you can see it above the TV on the wall in onbe of the pics
Is your room up stairs or downstairs?

Garden: https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...-includes-building-a-shed-for-it-1st.18923907 (I forgot this thread existed, I should update it at some point.)

Associate
Something I was aware of, but more so now that I have the higher feedback wheel, is that because I use an integrated monitor mount (Its attached to my rig) it can shake quite a bit. I noticed this particularly last week doing all those 'Ring races and again this week in the GR Cup @ Summit point.

So! I've ordered myself a Sim-Labs monitor stand that'll do away with the shaking.

On a couple of side notes. I've managed 3 or 4 wins this week at Summit Point in the GR which is nice. Up to a lofty 2.5k now. Also, not sure if anyone else is into their prototype racing, but iRacing have teased that the new Cadillac GTP is coming to the service soon. Much excitement.

Associate
Good shout on separating the monitors from the rig.

I had an absolutely horrific day yesterday in the gr at Summit Point. 5 races and a total of 250 lost iR. Dropped down the 1.8k

2 races today. 2 wins! Nearly 200 iR regained!

We might have been in some races together. I’m in Div4 and was leading after Knockhill last week.

Associate
Monitor stand arrived today:
52902843272_5d846cef4c_b.jpg

A little bit of tweaking required to get everything spot on but I think I did well considering it did it myself (wife was oot). Reused the TrakRacer VESA mount coz I didn't realise that there was a SIMLAB one in the box. Will swap to it at the weekend as its a bit more sturdy/less flexible than the TrakRacer one.

Associate
Well 3 months in with my R5 bundle, which I love, and I couldn't resist...just upgraded to the R9 alongside the CS GT V2 wheel :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom