Sim racers - what are you running?

Soldato
I have seen two rigs in my couple days of research that stand out, that is the Sim Labs P1-X and the Trak Racer TR160. My reasoning for going straight to these is pretty much buy once and done. Do owners of either of these two have any input to which may be the better choice? or Why anyone would choose one over the other?

If take a look at post 1061 on page 54 you can see my rig. Its a GT Evo but have added a few things to suit. The mount for my Alpha Mini is TrakRacer, I've added a mount for the PC and I prefer the 49" being on the arms fixed to the rig itself.

Associate
I might buy it

It's a console game, poorly, pushed onto the PC. No mouse support in menu, no (proper) support for triple screen, no controller calibration, oh and it runs like a dog on my system. Going to give it a few weeks and hopefully we'll get a patch. I might just have to run it on a single screen.

It's waaaaay too hot for me to jump in the sim at the mo. Kinda gutted as I bought the new Caddy, LMP3 and 911 GT3 cars and am keen to use.

I've just bought the Porsche Cup car. I'm struggling to make it stop after coming from a GT86. Going to race the fixed and open series this season.

Its way too hot to even be in front of a computer indoors!

AC FTW :)

Associate
I've bought F1 2023. God it's rubbish. Ha
From what I read it can apparently be fun to play with a gamepad bu really disappointing with a proper wheel at the FFB is very basic/lacking.

As per your other comments I think the game's main target is more console players rather sim enthusiasts on PC :D

Last edited:
Soldato
It's a console game, poorly, pushed onto the PC. No mouse support in menu, no (proper) support for triple screen, no controller calibration, oh and it runs like a dog on my system. Going to give it a few weeks and hopefully we'll get a patch. I might just have to run it on a single screen.

I've just bought the Porsche Cup car. I'm struggling to make it stop after coming from a GT86. Going to race the fixed and open series this season.

AC FTW :)
Can't afford a ac until I install solar panels.

I game on a pad right now as need to make room in my yard to build a proper rig.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
52975904962_a51b39f0d4_m.jpg

The frame was supposed to be used for racing.
Here’s mine, as reconfigured for use in DCS

Man of Honour
Enjoying F1 23, it’s a nice break from iRacing and how seriously you have to take it :D

Z9PNW4j.jpg

Been tidying a few things, happy with it now although waiting for the Asetek quick release that got announced today so I can stick a GSI Hyper P1 on there

EDIT - Wow what has Imgur done to the quality of that image?! :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Enjoying F1 23, it’s a nice break from iRacing and how seriously you have to take it :D

Z9PNW4j.jpg

Been tidying a few things, happy with it now although waiting for the Asetek quick release that got announced today so I can stick a GSI Hyper P1 on there

O is Asetek announcing the new QR add on today?

eit:

Last edited:
Associate

Z9PNW4j.jpg

Hp1 - you’ll not regret it.

Associate
Hi all,

Currently planning on purchasing a sim rig and I want to make sure cables are not going all over the floor etc. I'm going to install trucking around the room to run the HDMI / Display port cables from the rig monitors to my PC. Issue I have is I need a 10 - 15m HDMI and Display port cable. I've seen plenty on the rainforest but wounder if anyone has experience with longer cables etc.

Back
Top Bottom