SimCity V (2013) - screens/artwork and information

Associate
Let me try to respond to those two points:

1. Price of the game

2. Buggy nature of the game

First off you got the game for £30 from India which under T&C's isn't really allowed. The fact that EA haven't come after your account means your lucky. The rest of us who paid the correct price paid well over £30 for normal editions so I feel you hold no weight here.

Secondly this game is bugged to the hilt, I expect this of say a MMO where the game is massive and has so many permutations that its hard for Developers to hire a large number of game testers to find all bugs. But this game has been clearly rushed and it screams of DLC as the game is not in depth enough and the map sizes allow are a massive issue.

I admit that I purchased the game with a fair bit of this knowledge so I'm not going to be smug about it. I smell a MS Flightsim debacle coming cause I think there will be a lot of rage if EA start with lots of DLC charges for basics and some depth to the game cause its no Sim City 4 so far :(

Soldato
First off you got the game for £30 from India which under T&C's isn't really allowed. The fact that EA haven't come after your account means your lucky. The rest of us who paid the correct price paid well over £30 for normal editions so I feel you hold no weight here.
Where does it list it as against their T&Cs? You actually buy the game from Origin Switzerland (which is where you buy 'Origin UK' stuff from), you just pay in rupees instead of any other currency.

To your second comment, it's riddled with bugs, I agree, but it seems fundamentally well constructed enough to have them fixed. Often games are released that are not only bugged, but have such crap foundations there's no hope of a good game. With only small to medium sized patching the game can be brought up to the standard you'd expect, and the concentration can then be on an enhanced feature set to add depth; larger maps, subways, ordinances or whatever else the user base encourages Maxis to focus on.

Last edited:
Suspended

Oh, please feel free to step down from your high horse. Thousands, if not tens, maybe hundreds of thousands of people used the Indian portal to purchase the game. We took advantage of an oversight on EA's part, and anybody with any sense would have done the same thing. It is highly unlikely that anyone would be banned for it, especially following the atrocious state of the game on launch and to this day.

We still paid for the game just like you did, we just didn't pay an extortionate price for a broken product.

Soldato
Honestly I am surprised to see that many of you have purchased the games (especially at the ludicruously high price), despite your own admissions that EA have cocked the game up on release and have a lot to rectify over the coming months.

What can I say, I like Sim City games and got excited. I can't think of a game I've tired of so quickly, such a disappointment. Its probably the reason I should wait before buying games...

As for the India comments. I've absolutely no issue with people purchasing in that way, and fair play to those who did. But at the same time I don't think you can use the argument that the game was good value for money because a small minority of people managed to get it cheap through that route. Maybe it was good value for you but not on the whole. Though having played it I'd say anything over a tenner is poor value.

Soldato

I got a free copy. Shall I go outside and jump under the nearest bus to make amends?

Man of Honour
Got mine for £29 in the post from a UK e-tailor, although its the limited edition and think the £30 Indian one was the one above I take it?

Associate
Are the games all held on the EA servers? As my connection is terrible so I don't want that to effect the experience you guys have.

Stiv what is your Origin name?

I'll probably set it up in about an hour or as I'm abit busy at the moment (plus it will allow other people to join up). Do you guys want it on Sandbox mode or normal? And what map would you guys like?

Associate
Are the games all held on the EA servers? As my connection is terrible so I don't want that to effect the experience you guys have.

Stiv what is your Origin name?

I'll probably set it up in about an hour or as I'm abit busy at the moment (plus it will allow other people to join up). Do you guys want it on Sandbox mode or normal? And what map would you guys like?

Yeah its all hosted at EA, you just 'own' the region. I am easy for whatever, I just want something with a little more interaction, single player is boring! I'd just say go with a reasonably large region so others can join

Back
Top Bottom