Sinnis Vista

Associate
I have been hearing good and bad things about Chinese bikes for first time buyers and beginners/leathers, however I jaw risked it and am ordering a Sinnis Vista. I went for Sinnis as they use the Suzuki engine, so should be sweet, and am prepared to go for a cheaper build quality while I practice and learn. Any thoughts?

Associate
OP
Ok. Sorry about late reply, for some reason I didn't get e-mail confiormation that somebody had replied me.

Anything about relibility, etc?

Soldato
Just because the engine is reputable doesn't make the bike reliable.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's made with cheap, soft metal meaning you'll have bolts rattling lose and parts of the bike falling off down the road.

Just get a second hand Jap bike and save yourself the hassle.

Associate
OP
It's just shy of £1,700 brand new, 1 year parts and labour, 2 years manufacturer warranty. All in all I don't think it's bad and will enable me to build experience on. I already have put down a hefty deposit so not pulling out. The only thing I was worried about with a second hand bike was if something went wrong I would have no warranty, and the price of the Sinnis Vista wasn't bad. I am expecting it to have shale, rattle and role as they are cheap parts. It seems that owners really like the bike, it's mainly the non-owners that knock it. Don't know.

Soldato
HOW MUCH!?

You could have got a near new Honda CG 125 with like 1000 miles on the clock for just shy of a grand!

Well, I suppose with the warranty and whatnot it isn't THAT bad. Then again, where's the nearest dealer?

How much was the deposit? If it was less than £200 I'd consider sacking it off and getting a jap bike still.

Associate
OP
Dealer is around 10mile from me. Hahaha deposit was £500. Too late now, but I think I will see what happens. I like the way it looks too.

Soldato
Hmm, well if the dealer is close and it does go wrong you won't have to travel far.

Hopefully it's more reliable than I anticipate.

Soldato
I went for Sinnis as they use the Suzuki engine,

Not quite; they use a Suzuki engine design, but the engine itself is built in China under licence. A Japanese design does not mean Japanese build quality.

Most of the Chinese bikes use copies of Japanese engines anyway (Honda and Yamaha mostly), though I suspect the majority are not licenced.

Associate
OP
Not quite; they use a Suzuki engine design, but the engine itself is built in China under licence. A Japanese design does not mean Japanese build quality.

Most of the Chinese bikes use copies of Japanese engines anyway (Honda and Yamaha mostly), though I suspect the majority are not licenced.

Ok, got ya. Oh well, it is too late now, but I think things will be ok. If not then so be it. Hopefully will be good enough to learn on and gain experience.

Soldato
Let us know how it goes bud. ACF 50 the **** out of that bike, it will pick up grime like ductape to dirt. But you will thank me later.

Pay someone £50 to do it infact, professional job. It will save you a lot of hassle, once every 6 months.

Associate
OP
ACF 50? Sorry am new to the biking world. My CBT is actually on 8th July and I have never ridden or been on a bike before. Will let you know how it goes though.

Soldato
ACF 50 is a anti corrosion agent. Amazing stuff.

Google it :)

Honestly chap, that stuff will save you a ton of ballache later on if you intend on riding all weather on the above bike. I have owned plenty of Ducati's to claim my self a rust and rain expert when it comes to bikes haha.

First thing I would do, is find out if there is a ACF 50 professional home visit sprayer in your area. Get him to come over once you have cleaned the bike spotless and she is dry as a bone.

General up keep would be a tub of grease and a tin of WD40, keep frame joints coated in WD40 and any areas you think that might rub. Secondly, coat ALL electric connections in grease, I don't mean paint it on either, I mean stick fair amount over any naked connections/wires.

Keep all bolt heads nice by putting a bit of grease on them (as in, just a fine layer), all bolts will need to be removed and some lovely copper grease applied to the threads (some, not all, some will require the blue stuff which has escaped my memory). Remember to torque them all up properly.

Your most important point here, is the chain. Now, there are hundreds of ways to do this. But this is mine with the tools I have (assuming you are able to get the rear wheel off the floor and spin it):

WD40 on a rag, spray chain, clean with the rag, if you finish without breaking a sweat or your arm getting tired, you are not finished.
ACF 50 on a rag, wrap your hand around the chain and spin the rear whee
Wurth Dry chain lube on a rag, apply like the above, then spray the chain with it. Wiping excess off after with a clean rag.

I do the above every 500 miles. Takes about a hour if you do it properly.

Now, people will say no the either the ACF 50 or WD40, or both! But in my eyes, the WD40 is a safe cleaning agent, no harm has come from it for me. It clears grime very easily. ACF 50 will keep as much moisture and rain out as possible. Also will repel any water on the chain before it was applied. You will see these blobs form if so! Awsome stuff! ACF 50 works it's way around metal, amazing stuff. Finally, dry chain lube, doesn't fling, once you get going it warms up and does the job fine :)

This chain is over 2,000 miles old now, 6 months old. Using my above method, it still looks brand new. This picture was taken this afternoon

qW55Sh.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
ACF 50 is a anti corrosion agent. Amazing stuff.

Google it :)

Honestly chap, that stuff will save you a ton of ballache later on if you intend on riding all weather on the above bike. I have owned plenty of Ducati's to claim my self a rust and rain expert when it comes to bikes haha.

First thing I would do, is find out if there is a ACF 50 professional home visit sprayer in your area. Get him to come over once you have cleaned the bike spotless and she is dry as a bone.

General up keep would be a tub of grease and a tin of WD40, keep frame joints coated in WD40 and any areas you think that might rub. Secondly, coat ALL electric connections in grease, I don't mean paint it on either, I mean stick fair amount over any naked connections/wires.

Keep all bolt heads nice by putting a bit of grease on them (as in, just a fine layer), all bolts will need to be removed and some lovely copper grease applied to the threads (some, not all, some will require the blue stuff which has escaped my memory). Remember to torque them all up properly.

Your most important point here, is the chain. Now, there are hundreds of ways to do this. But this is mine with the tools I have (assuming you are able to get the rear wheel off the floor and spin it):

WD40 on a rag, spray chain, clean with the rag, if you finish without breaking a sweat or your arm getting tired, you are not finished.
ACF 50 on a rag, wrap your hand around the chain and spin the rear whee
Wurth Dry chain lube on a rag, apply like the above, then spray the chain with it. Wiping excess off after with a clean rag.

I do the above every 500 miles. Takes about a hour if you do it properly.

Now, people will say no the either the ACF 50 or WD40, or both! But in my eyes, the WD40 is a safe cleaning agent, no harm has come from it for me. It clears grime very easily. ACF 50 will keep as much moisture and rain out as possible. Also will repel any water on the chain before it was applied. You will see these blobs form if so! Awsome stuff! ACF 50 works it's way around metal, amazing stuff. Finally, dry chain lube, doesn't fling, once you get going it warms up and does the job fine :)

This chain is over 2,000 miles old now, 6 months old. Using my above method, it still looks brand new. This picture was taken this afternoon

As bad as it sounds it seems like too much trouble! Lol. The bike will be on around 3,000 miles a year on the insurance. Really I am takiung the CBT and getting the bike for relaxing enjoyment, which means not really riding at crazy fast speeds or in the rain much at all. It will be like a 'get away from wife and kids' tool really so I can spend some me time.

The bike will be in a garage - which I am also planning on getting a cover for aswell.

With the back wheel, guy at dealership did sound a bit dodgy when he said just bring it back here for tyre changes as it can be tricky...hmmmm....money making scheme:confused:

Main vehicle is still a car really, and its a Renault Clio, so:

plastic body + water = NO RUST:D

Soldato
ACF 50 (if done properly) can last up to 12 months. If you give the bike a decent wash, depending on products, it can still leave a film so no worries. But that's why I said do it every 6 months.

It's not too much trouble chap, and good chain maintenance is a absolute must! A hour, every 500 miles is nothing. 3 tins, 2 rags, job done :)

Also, tyre changes, go to a independant tyre place (motorbike tyres obviously). They will need to balance the wheels, it can be done your self. But I have never, nor will I ever attempt it my self.

Back
Top Bottom