Sinnis Vista

Associate
People are very quick to bash chinese bikes, mainly opinions from people who haven't owned one.

Tighten ALL bolts before your first ride.
Change the oil regularly.
Maintain the chain (replace if it stretches)
ACF50 any chrome parts
Clean the Air filter / plugs at like 5,000 miles
Fill with petrol

Engines on these chinese bikes are solid, it's more the cheaper chrome / metal that you need to look after. If you look after it it will be fine.

Associate
OP
People are very quick to bash chinese bikes, mainly opinions from people who haven't owned one.

ACF50 any chrome parts
Fill with petrol

Engines on these chinese bikes are solid, it's more the cheaper chrome / metal that you need to look after. If you look after it it will be fine.

This is more or less what I have heard from those who have owned Chinese bikes and is definately something I can live with. I have seen ACF50 spay can on Amazon UK, is this something I can just do myself then rather than getting somebody else to do it?

Again, I plan on doing maximum 3,000 miles a year, which means that the bike will be serviced at a maximum 3,000 miles.

Associate
I have seen ACF50 spay can on Amazon UK, is this something I can just do myself then rather than getting somebody else to do it?

Yep. When I give the bike a good wash I just spray ACF-50 onto a cloth and apply it to all the metal areas I can reach.

I bought a can 2 years ago and it's still half full.

The full spray all over treatment would cover more of the hard to reach areas but self application shouldn't be a problem :)

Soldato
This is more or less what I have heard from those who have owned Chinese bikes and is definately something I can live with. I have seen ACF50 spay can on Amazon UK, is this something I can just do myself then rather than getting somebody else to do it?

Again, I plan on doing maximum 3,000 miles a year, which means that the bike will be serviced at a maximum 3,000 miles.
5.0 out of 5 stars ACF50 is fantastic, 4 Nov 2011
By
24/7 365 rider - See all my reviews
This review is from: ACF50 ACF-50 MOTORCYCLE BOAT BIKE METAL STAINLESS ALUMINIUM ANTI CORRISON SPRAY (Misc.)
I decided to buy a chinese import bike for the winter rather than use my more expensive bikes. I have waited a year to report back on this product to give it chance to prove its worth!!!!........in a nut shell...the chinese bike is like brand new, nothing will keep your bike in good condition like ACF50.
Foeget trying to spray it on, spray some into the product lid and put it on with a little soft brush. I wash the bike every week and paint some more ACF on most of the exposed areas, it simply keeps corrosion at bay.
If you love your bike.......buy some!

Associate

ACF50 any chrome parts
Fill with petrol

valve clearance needs doing often on them (ybr the worst) i done few of them now

Associate
OP
Quick update guys. I have had the bike for less than a month and am enjoying it. Not a lot of mileage done, but as mentioned at the beginning of this thread it won't be doing much. Around 77km showing on the bike at the moment. Today was the first time I refueled it since I had it - had it with half a tank in. Filled it as per the guide, I.e. not right to the top and cost shy of £8.00 (134.9 pence a litre), so not bad.

Back
Top Bottom