Six Nations 2017 (4th February - 18 March)

Soldato
Right now I will definitely call Farrell for Lions 10 next year, regardless of Sexton's fitness Farrell#s consistency is hard to ignore, the best thing that ever happened to him was for his Dad to be sacked by England and and quit Sarries. Cracking family legacy in both codes though, there is definitely something in this genetics thing :p,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Soldato
TheMightyTen;30494419 said:
Errr... Yes, England had to rely on their finishers and finally move their best player into his natural position. We won that game by fluke and not by dominance ;)

Err no what happened was you judged the entire match and team quality on the first half and the central point you made in your original post (that England were Quakers under pressure) was completed reversed.

they came back from behind and won and posting a winking smiley doesn't make your come back any smarter.

Associate
TheMightyTen;30494419 said:
Errr... Yes, England had to rely on their finishers and finally move their best player into his natural position. We won that game by fluke and not by dominance ;)

What is the purpose of having them if you can't rely on them to make a difference? You don't get any points for finishing a game with your original XV.

Caporegime
OP
Ireland looking to spoil the party then. I know it was only Italy and Italy are poor, but Ireland looked quite menacing against them.

What a great game Wales vs. England was though. Both sides really went at each other and Launchbury was a hero.

Soldato
I really cant believe they subbed Moriarty...he was clearly the man of the match until they subbed him. Great win for England though.

The under 20's did very well and the women's team crushed the welsh ladies.

lovely to get a clean sweep.

rotters

Caporegime
OP
rotters;30495659 said:
I really cant believe they subbed Moriarty...he was clearly the man of the match until they subbed him. Great win for England though.

That's a very good point...I'd forgotten about that. What a crazy decision.

rotters;30495659 said:

The under 20's did very well and the women's team crushed the welsh ladies.

lovely to get a clean sweep.

Hehe. Whatever makes you feel better brah (no one cares!).

Caporegime
OP
Watching France Scotland on the BBC Sport website. Good game, but there's so much buffering.

It's the same on iPlayer, no idea what the BBC are playing at with their crappy online service. I've got 150Mb fibre so it's not my connection.

Associate
Streamed it whilst at work and had no problems what so ever. Not sure it is the BBC at fault.

Participant;30496384 said:
Watching France Scotland on the BBC Sport website. Good game, but there's so much buffering.

It's the same on iPlayer, no idea what the BBC are playing at with their crappy online service. I've got 150Mb fibre so it's not my connection.

Soldato
Superficial;30494545 said:
Err no what happened was you judged the entire match and team quality on the first half and the central point you made in your original post (that England were Quakers under pressure) was completed reversed.

they came back from behind and won and posting a winking smiley doesn't make your come back any smarter.

No i didn't we won from a terrible mistake by Wales, it was a fluke chance finished clinically, you can not rely on the opposition making unpressured mistakes, you have To create a physical dominance that England woefully lack right now. Ford needs to be dropped for a while and we need a period of "smash it up" to refocus the three quarters and back three to the skills needed for game control. England have ridden their luck to much.

Terrible decisions by Peyper's officiating team today against France, if i was Noves i would ask for a World Rugby review and move for no confidence in Peypers appropriateness to take the whistle for internationals.

Well done to France for overcoming the ridiculous biases on show.

Man of Honour
Well done to France on the win, it was quite an exciting game to watch but a bit too scrappy and needless scuffles breaking out. I think Scotland definitely missed the calmness of Greig Laidlaw including when Finn Russell rushed that try conversion kick - was it the referee telling him that he had to hurry up and take it despite only being halfway through the time he was allowed for the kick?

Soldato
semi-pro waster;30496657 said:
Well done to France on the win, it was quite an exciting game to watch but a bit too scrappy and needless scuffles breaking out. I think Scotland definitely missed the calmness of Greig Laidlaw including when Finn Russell rushed that try conversion kick - was it the referee telling him that he had to hurry up and take it despite only being halfway through the time he was allowed for the kick?

No, apparently it was Nathan Hines.

Man of Honour
TheMightyTen;30496960 said:
No, apparently it was Nathan Hines.

I saw that in a match report shortly after I posted. I used to quite like watching Nathan Hines play but he was always as likely to get himself sent off as he was to do something good so it's somewhat comforting to see that he brings his questionable decision making to every aspect of rugby... :D

Don
I'm sure being a Welsh supporter shortens your life expectancy, what a silly try to give away!

English fans were friendly as ever in the pub :), fun game to watch.

Caporegime
OP
Stusteel;30496596 said:
Streamed it whilst at work and had no problems what so ever. Not sure it is the BBC at fault.

It's odd because Netflix and Amazon Prime are flawless on the same connection, both through a smart TV and a web browser. My BBC video buffers both on the smart TV and through browsers. Perhaps it's something to do with Virgin Media and BBC in my area then? Anyway, not an internet support thread so I'll move on!

One point I wanted to make is that this is a great tournament, but Italy unfortunately just aren't a serious test side and I think the administration should seriously consider removing them in favour of Canada or something :p.

Soldato
These last two games should put and end to any remaining doubts about Chris Robshaw's contribution to the team.

Two matches in a row we've been beasted at the breakdown and forwards in general. Clifford doesn't have the physicality to start yet, although still a good bench option.

Interesting to see what we do for Italy. Probably the same team I'd imagine, give them a bit of time to play together. Don't risk Haskell for the full 80.

Back
Top Bottom