Skate 2

Caporegime
OP
IGN gave it 8.3, reading the review it seems pretty solid with the main complaint being that it doesn't reinvent the wheel....but who was expecting it to? They did that last time, Im just happy to see the same core concept with better online, new areas, new tricks, and that's what we're getting.

Caporegime
OP
Played this today in a store, have to say it feels great. People worried about the gameworld being too cluttered based on the demo shouldn't be. I was skating around downtown and it felt just as natural as the first with plenty of room. Going down to get it tomorrow :)

Caporegime
OP
Ok I think I've found a problem, has anyone done the skate challenge against Koston and someone else? They dont seem to make any mistakes, I've been doing it for about half an hour and I think they've got one letter.

Caporegime
OP
:eek: This is one bold statement! THPS4 is probably my most played game of all time (iv finished it 4 or 5 times since i got it)

Looks like im picking this up tomrrow morning! :cool:

That isn't what he said though. THPG was the one that came out at the time, although imo yes it did blow ALL the Tony Hawks out of the water (and I've been a THPS fan since 2)

Caporegime
OP
Well me and Psymonkee had a few (cough) games tonight. Multiplayer is pretty fun, would work better if we had more than two people probably. Mini challenges range from difficult to easy to competitive to humorous.

Caporegime
OP
Are the mini challenges similar to the kinda things that were in burnout paradise? As they were very good! :)

I haven't tried the Paradise ones but lots of reviews have mentioned similarities so it's quite possible :) A couple of challenges that I remember:

Reaching a point target in a bowl, point score is reset if either player bails or slows down.

completing a list of objectives (500 point grind, fingerflip, manual-flip-grind...) together

bailing into a list of areas from a high building in a skate park (this one was good fun)

completing a trick at the same time as the other player (like tricking over a funbox)

Caporegime
OP
Yeah the pool gameplay was a bit meh in skate 1, it was good but very difficult. They've improved it VASTLY here. SO far I can't think of an area where it hasn't improved. Deathraces I hated in the first but they're awesome in 2.

Back
Top Bottom