Sking/Snowboarding 09/10

AGD

AGD

Soldato
Lol I guess he means helmets. :p You need to get down wid da kids more shamikebab. (Not Gary Glitter style though :eek:)

Soldato
Definitely need a helmet if you're going to ride at Whistler :p

IMG_1553s.jpg

Associate
Not a fan of helmets, too big and bulky for my liking. Guess I'll just hit the other parks. So the snow is brilliant at the moment by the sounds, special order for the olymipics ;) Any new pics btw

Associate
Always wanted to go skiing in Colorado :)

Anyway, hopefully off to Avoriaz in the Alps like usual for a weeks skiing.

Does anybody else ever ski with the Ski Club of Great Britain reps? Went for a few days with one last year and it wasn't bad. Had a nice picnic overlooking Lake Geneva :)

im off here in feb :) staying just rand the corner in chatel

Soldato
Teesside, took us about 29 hours to get home in total. At least we didn't crash like we did on the way down there :eek:

Hit the side of a tunnel? I think there were a few of our guys on your bus (unless more than 1 bus crashed?)

Who were the guys in the light blue hoodies that we had a snowball fight with? (we were in royal blue) That was the highlight of my journey home :D

Naf

Naf

Associate
Hit the side of a tunnel? I think there were a few of our guys on your bus (unless more than 1 bus crashed?)

Who were the guys in the light blue hoodies that we had a snowball fight with? (we were in royal blue) That was the highlight of my journey home :D

Hit the barrier on the inside (right side) of a motorway just a few hours outside Calais, absolutely disgraceful tbh. There were a few scottish people on our coach (Glasgow rings a bell?) as there were only 25 of us - I wouldn't fancy doing the journey from up your way on a coach, Middlesbrough is already too far imo lol.

Not guilty on the snowball fight, but I remember seeing a battle commencing in Calais port haha :D

im off here in feb :) staying just rand the corner in chatel

I went to Chatel for a weekend the other year, lovely place. Get yourself into The Stash in Morzine/Avoriaz/wherever it is, it's ace!

AGD

AGD

Soldato
Nice video and really good editing, shame about the skiing and boarding. :p Only joking although some more practice wouldn't go amiss ;). Bet it wasn't as sunny as it looked in the video!

Heads up on a great ski jacket if anyone's on the lookout.

http://www.sportsshoes.com/product/NIK4212/nike-acg-all-mountain-gore~tex-jacket/

Only a few left. Last season jacket at half-price and I thought it was quite good value last year. Looks a lot better in real life than the pic suggests and has laser cut zips and gore tex for under £100. The attention to detail is very good and there is a removalable snow-skirt even though it doesn't mention it. Sersiously the best value jacket money can buy. :)

Associate
I can't resist the lure of new gear - bought myself a Hatchet for Chirstmas, went out this morning to get some new thermals and ended up getting a new shell jacket! I'm going to be broke before I even get out there!

Associate

Was that while waiting at Calais? Might have been my group:D

Associate
I went up to Yad Moss in cumbria the other day, £15 for a days lift pass and only one tow rope (though it's 600m iirc so big enough) and would highly recommend it to anyone who is near by and contemplating it.

Can't believe I didn't find out about this place sooner! http://www.yadmoss.co.uk/

What's the road like up to it? I live very near by, and keep meaning to go along, but I'm not sure I'll be able to get up there.

edit: Just had a look at the website, and it says the road from Alston is clear, so that's fine. The only problem is I hate the tow they've got there, I kept coming off it, even though I'm perfectly capable of using all the other tows elsewhere. Maybe it's just me:(

Associate
Back
Top Bottom