Skoda

Soldato
Very nice, is that an estate too? Been looking at these but they all seem to be in that rubbish blue. Needs DSG though!

I took the DSG for a test-drive before I bought my new vRS last March.
Really didn't like it so went for manual.
Each to their own, but cannot see why people would want to ruin the drive of these cars by slamming in an auto.

Associate
After an unexpect turn after my recent thread I had myself convinced I was going towards a MkV golf, after viewing one and driving it OCUK reminded me of the VRS.

Went to look at one last night, 57 plate in black and was very very impressed. Going for a proper drive in it on saturday.

Soldato
OP
Update:

Old Exhaust centre section bracket has snapped (common thing). I was deliberating whether to have it welded up, replace just the centre section or buy a whole new system.

A recent thread on Briskoda lead me to an exhaust which had been discontinued and the remaining systems being sold off cheap. It was originally £150, i was hesitant and the price went up to £165. I decided £165 for a Cat-Back exhaust system was a bit of a no-brainer really, even if it was for re-sale at a higher price.

After the currency conversion it actually worked out to £160 delivered, not bad at all.

Quality looks nice. Its a shame the tail pipes are so long but thats how the back boxes are designed, theres no hangers at the very back of the car like others have...

img4594vd.jpg

img4595y.jpg

img4596pu.jpg

img4597v.jpg

Soldato
Very nice, is that an estate too? Been looking at these but they all seem to be in that rubbish blue. Needs DSG though!

Tis an estate. Considered the DSG but pref the manual. Only issue is then you can spec multifunction steering wheel with bluetooth etc.. Crazy!

I do like that have ditched the silver gray trim..liking the red stitching as well

The silver n grey is still the standard, all black is an option. So glad I found out about it as mine was originally ordered with the silver and grey trim, but managed to change the order before it was built :)

Soldato
Update:

Old Exhaust centre section bracket has snapped (common thing). I was deliberating whether to have it welded up, replace just the centre section or buy a whole new system.

A recent thread on Briskoda lead me to an exhaust which had been discontinued and the remaining systems being sold off cheap. It was originally £150, i was hesitant and the price went up to £165. I decided £165 for a Cat-Back exhaust system was a bit of a no-brainer really, even if it was for re-sale at a higher price.

After the currency conversion it actually worked out to £160 delivered, not bad at all.

Quality looks nice. Its a shame the tail pipes are so long but thats how the back boxes are designed, theres no hangers at the very back of the car like others have...
Very nice. About £120 less than I paid for my Piper IIRC :cool:

Sound clip once it is fitted please :

Edit- Similar tip design to my Piper system too. Twin rounds fit the bumper cut out a treat. Don't worry if it looks like it is hanging too low once it is fitted. New rear hanger will tuck it up tight as they stretch over time.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
After a quick wash and wipe down (Astonish spray N Shine)

img4592b.jpg

img4593p.jpg

FK Exhaust was a fail. Wouldn't fit correctly without having to modify things and thats not good for a "direct fit" exhaust.

Sent it back and ordered a Jetex Cat Back (Non-Resonated) from Venom Motorsport instead.

Fits well, also put a new front mount on for the back box, did the rear "Y" rubber too but no pics...

99bcafcd.jpg

d4ed8d3f.jpg

a291bd6c.jpg

Also changed the Pollen Filter as the interior was getting a bit condensated in the mornings...

7cee74cf.jpg

Put the Forge 007P on the right way round (was fitted in reverse by the previous owner) as the metallic "chingggg" noise was annoying. Its a lot quieter now but i encountered a problem with the Vac line being kinked when the engine cover is re-fitted. A lot of people cut the engine cover but i didn't want to do that. "Fixed" it for now with a (bodge) cable tie but i'm hoping when i put a new TIP on it will cure the problem. I've also been told on Briskoda that Forge sell a 90 degree adapter so will look into that.

8eec2f5e.jpg

Really enjoying the car, i can't wait to get it remapped!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
It was called Course Metallic Silver i think. Standard silver wasn't "bright" enough, the Course Metallic basically has more (and larger) metallic flakes added :)

Soldato
OP
It's a nice finish, looks great when the sun hits it. They do a good job, only thing I would say is check before you leave that you are 100% happy, they will sort any problems if you're not!

Need to get new brakes Andy so not going to paint them just yet, I do have a tin of the apparently 'uber rare' Hammerite smooth green though as the calipers need a bit of a freshen up.

Also need to fit that coil pack cover :D

Associate
hah, you can have mine if you forgive a missing centre cap and perma-dirty black paint.

When you say have, do you mean as in like a gift? :D

Miles, condition and price please? Trust if necessary - only thing is you're down in London so a little distance to travel

Thin on the ground in our neck of the woods aren't they!

I take it you got my message :)

Back
Top Bottom