Sky Fibre Optic

Associate
aint looking good for me... most likley cab is not part of the phase :(

Cabinet Probability Uplift Phase Status Type
P50 95% Not part of a phase
P2 2% 2.77 8a Part of deployment FTTC (Fiber to the Cabinet)
P15 2% 3.29 8a Part of deployment FTTC (Fiber to the Cabinet)

Associate
Woop woop

Modem Status Connected
DownStream Connection Speed 79999 kbps
UpStream Connection Speed 20000 kbps
2003957072.png

Now to go and steam start getting all those games in record time lol

Associate
Woah seems like there is something really wrong there mate. Are you on a wired connection to your pc? Seems like maybe your n router is faulty ask sky to ship you a new one

done both wired and wireless connections and both returned the same results. Things are improving now or maybe not but still not the 69Mbps I was quoted :eek:

Last edited:
Associate
Well mate, I think you need to contact BT Openreach and have the engineer come down to see if there are any issues on your connection. Seems like there is something iffy.. you have exhausted all avenues too.

Make a post in the skyforum, ring Helpdesk, and ask them to put you through to the fiber team and they will send an engineer out in a week or so. Its not fair you've had to put up with this.

Soldato
Still can't get Fibre :( grrrr. My exchange has been upgraded for a while and many places where i live can get BT infinity.
The problem i think is that i live VERY close to the exchange (14-16 down 0.65 up ADSL2), they probably haven't bothered with the cabinets so close yet?

KIA

KIA

Man of Honour
Well mate, I think you need to contact BT Openreach and have the engineer come down to see if there are any issues on your connection. Seems like there is something iffy.. you have exhausted all avenues too.

Make a post in the skyforum, ring Helpdesk, and ask them to put you through to the fiber team and they will send an engineer out in a week or so. Its not fair you've had to put up with this.

I doubt they'll do anything. 35Mb/s is way above the guaranteed rate.

Still can't get Fibre :( grrrr. My exchange has been upgraded for a while and many places where i live can get BT infinity.
The problem i think is that i live VERY close to the exchange (14-16 down 0.65 up ADSL2), they probably haven't bothered with the cabinets so close yet?

You might be on an exchange-only line without a cabinet.

Associate
I had high hopes of being able to switch to Sky Fibre soon, as Openreach have been very busy around here. Unfortunately they have done all the cabinets around me apart from the one I am connected to and one further down the road from that. :(

Permabanned
ok so i hacked my BTO modem to see the attainable rate before I pulled the trigger on fibre pro and its says 44mb, I'm getting 39997 sync now, wonder why its so low, deffo not worth going for pro i take it?

KIA

KIA

Man of Honour
ok so i hacked my BTO modem to see the attainable rate before I pulled the trigger on fibre pro and its says 44mb, I'm getting 39997 sync now, wonder why its so low, deffo not worth going for pro i take it?

You're probably a reasonable distance from the cab.

Back
Top Bottom