Sky Fibre Optic

Associate
I was told if my speed was below 35mb then I have the right to cancel within 3 months, gonna see if it settles down any as I've had it downloading at over 6000KB/sec

Get complaining and get yourself linked to the half speed profile issue. Does look like you have some form of issue. Just be polite and keep at them until it's resolved. It sounds like the vast majority of previous issues are BT related (IP profile).

Soldato
Anyone know if there is a way to find out when sky will enable their fibre at your exchange? I have their llu at mine and the exchange and my cab are both enabled for fibre and have been for some time, but still no sky :(.

According to a few posts on sky forum this is either because BT are yet to open the exchange for others so sky can connect their equipment to the fibre network or older sky equipment that doesn't support it so needs upgrading first. Anyway to find out when they will do it?

Also, if I wanted to go to a sky line from BT now, so when it does become available I can just cancel Be* and go, how do you go about doing it? Never changed line provider before.

Thanks.

Associate
Anyone know if there is a way to find out when sky will enable their fibre at your exchange?

Have you checked you address on the Openreach address checker? There is always the possibility that the cabinet you connect to hasn't been enabled for Fibre even though the exchange has. This is what has happened to me :(

Associate
Anyone know if there is a way to find out when sky will enable their fibre at your exchange? I have their llu at mine and the exchange and my cab are both enabled for fibre and have been for some time, but still no sky :(.

According to a few posts on sky forum this is either because BT are yet to open the exchange for others so sky can connect their equipment to the fibre network or older sky equipment that doesn't support it so needs upgrading first. Anyway to find out when they will do it?

Also, if I wanted to go to a sky line from BT now, so when it does become available I can just cancel Be* and go, how do you go about doing it? Never changed line provider before.

Thanks.

First of all you say you are with Sky LLU, meaning you have Sky Talk and Sky Broadband, then you say you have Be* ..so which is it?

I was in the same boat, exchange and cabinet enabled for fibre for 9 months, but wanted to wait for Sky's fibre but still unable to get it when it launched. I've waited til now and finally gave up trying to get more info out of Sky. I even have a friend that works for sky and he can't get any solid info either.
I've just put an order in with ADSL24 to move back to a BT-style line.
In 10 days time I'll have 80/20, sod Sky :p

KIA

KIA

Man of Honour

You need to wait for Sky to carry out work at the exchange. Impossible to get an ETA. I'm still waiting.

Soldato
First of all you say you are with Sky LLU, meaning you have Sky Talk and Sky Broadband, then you say you have Be* ..so which is it?

I was in the same boat, exchange and cabinet enabled for fibre for 9 months, but wanted to wait for Sky's fibre but still unable to get it when it launched. I've waited til now and finally gave up trying to get more info out of Sky. I even have a friend that works for sky and he can't get any solid info either.
I've just put an order in with ADSL24 to move back to a BT-style line.
In 10 days time I'll have 80/20, sod Sky :p

Have be* at the moment. Sky have an llu presence at my exchange and both cab and exchange are fibre enabled.

Was lead to believe this was enough to get their fibre. So was going to make the jump to sky line and go with their fibre, but clearly it's not :( and they must do additional work and can't say when.

You need to wait for Sky to carry out work at the exchange. Impossible to get an ETA. I'm still waiting.

:(

All seems a bit misleading to be fair. Sky site

Who can get Sky Fibre Unlimited?

The Openreach Fibre optic broadband network is currently available to approximately 30% of homes in the UK.

Should really say available where we have llu coverage with the fibre network available and where we have bothered to do the needed work.

Soldato
Still can't get Fibre :( grrrr. My exchange has been upgraded for a while and many places where i live can get BT infinity.
The problem i think is that i live VERY close to the exchange (14-16 down 0.65 up ADSL2), they probably haven't bothered with the cabinets so close yet?

I'm in the same boat - people I know 2 miles away have a new cab but me only 300yds away aint got one yet! :(

Soldato
I'm with Be at the moment but thinking seriously about switching to Sky Fibre as Be aren't going to be offering anything better than my current ADSL2+.

I've logged into my Sky account to see whether fibre is available and it is. What I'm a bit confused about is the estimated speeds shown.

It shows Sky Broadband Unlimited as 7.0 - 14.3 Mbps. The top end of this is pretty much exactly what I sync at with Bethere, 14.3Mbps.

The Sky Fibre Unlimited is showing 40.0 - 40.0 Mbps which is a bit strange as my nearest cabinet is around 300m away following the road. Our estate was built in the mid 80s and there are no overhead cables so it may be possible that the cable runs a more direct path underground but even then it's over 100m away. Can anyone please explain how the Sky estimate is such that I will get full 40Mbps speeds and whether it's likely to be accurate?

Permabanned
I'm with Be at the moment but thinking seriously about switching to Sky Fibre as Be aren't going to be offering anything better than my current ADSL2+.

I've logged into my Sky account to see whether fibre is available and it is. What I'm a bit confused about is the estimated speeds shown.

It shows Sky Broadband Unlimited as 7.0 - 14.3 Mbps. The top end of this is pretty much exactly what I sync at with Bethere, 14.3Mbps.

The Sky Fibre Unlimited is showing 40.0 - 40.0 Mbps which is a bit strange as my nearest cabinet is around 300m away following the road. Our estate was built in the mid 80s and there are no overhead cables so it may be possible that the cable runs a more direct path underground but even then it's over 100m away. Can anyone please explain how the Sky estimate is such that I will get full 40Mbps speeds and whether it's likely to be accurate?

My estimate is 40 and I'm miles from cabinet, I get about 38mb so yeah it's accurate

Bry

Bry

Associate

You can always check on bt infinity checker too
http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=29017#.T9xL-7X-2UM

But, you can live quite far from cabinet and still get max speeds

KIA

KIA

Man of Honour

Call them if you want to order 80/20.

My estimate is 40 and I'm miles from cabinet, I get about 38mb so yeah it's accurate

You can't be miles from the cab if you sync at 38Mb/s.

Back
Top Bottom