*** Sky Q Thread ***

Soldato
Sky Q now installed, had a new dish but didn't need to replace the cables. Can't say I'm a fan of the touch remote so far the other one seems loads easier to use for navigation having actual buttons.

Associate
I think my Mini is in morning. I'm sure, like the main Q box, the background colour in the menus / guide etc. was blue and it's now all black. Looks awful.

Caporegime
Quick question, are the remotes that come with the mini box bluetooth or infrared connection?
The 1Tb and Mini remotes are Infra Red. The Touch remote is Bluetooth. £20 on http://accessories.Sky.com atm

I think my Mini is in morning. I'm sure, like the main Q box, the background colour in the menus / guide etc. was blue and it's now all black. Looks awful.

Are you sure you're not looking at BBC iPlayer catch up?

Associate
The black background is the accessibility, high contrast option, found in settings.
Thanks, having just found and played with that setting it did look similar to that. However it's not a setting I was aware of or changed before today. If it happens again I'll check to see what that setting is.

Soldato
I'm thinking of getting another Sky Q Mini box for my study so I can watch TV while working. Do Sky just send the Mini box in the post and you install it yourself or do they send an engineer to do it for you? I hope I can install it myself. It isn't exactly hard to plug an HDMI cable in and a power lead into the wall and then getting it to connect to the Wifi.

Caporegime
I'm thinking of getting another Sky Q Mini box for my study so I can watch TV while working. Do Sky just send the Mini box in the post and you install it yourself or do they send an engineer to do it for you? I hope I can install it myself. It isn't exactly hard to plug an HDMI cable in and a power lead into the wall and then getting it to connect to the Wifi.
Engineer visit in case a booster is required.

Caporegime
It is, but better than clueless customers trying to put one in their summer house in the garden or a far flung corner of the house that doesn't get a wifi signal anyway.

And having to send out an engineer, and an hour or so of their time, kind of gives slightly more credence to charging £99 for the mini box and installation.

If a customer was installing it themselves the box is not worth anything more than about a tenner.

Caporegime
And having to send out an engineer, and an hour or so of their time, kind of gives slightly more credence to charging £99 for the mini box and installation.

If a customer was installing it themselves the box is not worth anything more than about a tenner.
A bit more than that. Wireless ac access point and HD capable output with Dolby digital via HDMI?

Soldato
It is, but better than clueless customers trying to put one in their summer house in the garden or a far flung corner of the house that doesn't get a wifi signal anyway.

A bit more than that. Wireless ac access point and HD capable output with Dolby digital via HDMI?

That does unfortunately mean I have to tidy up my study so that it is fit for other people to see :).

Soldato
Well that is annoying, was just watching a film I downloaded on iplayer the other day and thought I'll stop it and watch the end upstairs.

Turns out it expired tonight and automatically removed itself from the box so I guess I won't be seeing the end.

Wish it would warn you or at least notify you that things have been removed. Was looking for something I'd downloaded from sky boxsets the other day and that had removed itself as well.

Back
Top Bottom