*** Sky Q Thread ***

Associate
When I got mine installed last September (courtesy of MissChief's awesome deal), the engineer actually couldn't fully complete the installation, as my fibre broadband decided to drop for 90 minutes when he started the activation! Delayed him for his next job, but kept him watered with coffee etc and he was most helpful after activation.

Soldato
No idea how they completed the process for my install then as I didn't give them the WiFi password :confused:

On a related note, my Q box has decided to have a melt down and no longer recognises my viewing card so no subscribed channels for me til at least Monday.

Man of Honour
No idea how they completed the process for my install then as I didn't give them the WiFi password :confused:

On a related note, my Q box has decided to have a melt down and no longer recognises my viewing card so no subscribed channels for me til at least Monday.
Not the same I know but you can still watch using Sky Go.

Associate
Hey all

Anyone had issues with their sky q mini boxes ?
Only had mine a month and it’s needed a few reboots when coming to use it of a morning ( red light on )
Today I wake up to a red light again but a reboot doesn’t seem to be doing anything.
There’s no sky boot up message or anything it stays on red light.

Bit annoyed with myself as I had read a lot of people having issue before I got it and thought “oh they must be doing something wrong” :(

Soldato
Our recordings have gone into single pains and not bunched together (series link), tried updating the 2TB box and restarting it but that didn't fix it ...

Read online this is a common issue but Sky aren't able to fix currently ...

Soldato
Sky need to be a bit more generous with the packaging they send you to return the equipment in, one small box for 2TB silver, mini, wireless booster, 3 remotes, 3 power leads and 2 HDMI cables. Very tight fit! :eek:

Btw I asked earlier in the thread about power use and as I couldn't find the figures anywhere I tested the main box before my sub ended, average draw was about 30w with a max of 44w and a low of 26w (I didn't have the deep sleep power setting on though as it messed up the mini connection). No idea how that compares to other DVR boxes but it has eased my conscience about leaving the HTPC on as its replacement. :D

Associate
Recently had Sky Q installed but seem to have a problem with the volume where when watching recordings or catchup the sound is noticeably quieter than live tv... therefore having to increase the volume however when the recording or catchup has finished and the live tv comes back on the sound is far to loud and needs to be turned back down again. Is there a way to stop this happening ? thanks

Associate
Hi guys, got sky q 2tb and mini box installed this morning and really enjoying it so far. PQ is much better than the standard hd box and have got it ready for 10-bit colour, I’d there is anything broadcast yet.

1 question I have is that it didn’t come with the touch remote for the 2tb. It looks the same as the touch but there are buttons instead of the touchpad. Is this normal and is it worth trying to get a touch remote sent out?

Soldato
Recently had Sky Q installed but seem to have a problem with the volume where when watching recordings or catchup the sound is noticeably quieter than live tv... therefore having to increase the volume however when the recording or catchup has finished and the live tv comes back on the sound is far to loud and needs to be turned back down again. Is there a way to stop this happening ? thanks

Is it all recorded / catch up content? I found that all the SD channels and lower quality catchup had very quiet audio.

Associate
Hi guys, got sky q 2tb and mini box installed this morning and really enjoying it so far. PQ is much better than the standard hd box and have got it ready for 10-bit colour, I’d there is anything broadcast yet.

1 question I have is that it didn’t come with the touch remote for the 2tb. It looks the same as the touch but there are buttons instead of the touchpad. Is this normal and is it worth trying to get a touch remote sent out?

Its their new style remote. It is actually a touch remote as well, you can enable this within the settings menu.

I believe they only give out the 1 controller now also for the main box.

Is it all recorded / catch up content? I found that all the SD channels and lower quality catchup had very quiet audio.

SD Channels are quieter for me also, but who watches those these days :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
Its their new style remote. It is actually a touch remote as well, you can enable this within the settings menu.

I believe they only give out the 1 controller now also for the main box.

Ahh yeah, thanks for that. Set up as a touch remote now too, much appreciated. I’m particularly liking the scrubbing touch control.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom