*** Sky Q Thread ***

Soldato
Ahh yeah, thanks for that. Set up as a touch remote now too, much appreciated. I’m particularly liking the scrubbing touch control.
You’ll prefer telling the Q box to “skip 5 minutes” when the adverts appear on recordings. So much easier with the voice commands.

Associate
Depending on what 2TB box is issued you will still get some instances of 2 remotes left for the main box, that probably won’t last for long though.

From what I understood from the engineer I was speaking to, they still get issues with 2, but they should retain the 2nd one and not provide it to the customer. Not sure how 100% accurate that is, they gave us ours before they realised, so couldn't take it back.(Or so he said)

Soldato
SD Channels are quieter for me also, but who watches those these days :p

I don't understand why we even have SD channels these days but sadly some shows were only on them.

Another SD bug is fast forwarding doesnt always work as the timeline gets messed up. You try to go forward a few mins and it would jump like 30mins ahead. Actually had to watch adverts!

Associate
That looks like the old version, ill find a link to the new one

lxqogtyirwcus7duho9g

Not much difference, but they can actually be buttons now

Last edited by a moderator:
Man of Honour
I've just upgraded to Sky Q and the installation isn't until 15th December :(

However, it's saying my new monthly cost will include multi-room from now, surely that isn't right? Is that really the case or will it start from my installation date?

Man of Honour
Not sure if you're replying to me or not?

If so, I haven't got my extra box, nor will I get it until the engineer comes out next month. But Sky are still saying my subscription is going up the extra £12 from now

Caporegime
Not sure if you're replying to me or not?

If so, I haven't got my extra box, nor will I get it until the engineer comes out next month. But Sky are still saying my subscription is going up the extra £12 from now

When paying a bill, you’re paying in advance for your fixed-price subscriptions such as Sky TV, (including any multi-screen subscriptions and HD), Sky Broadband, Sky Talk and Sky Line Rental. (if you have them)

If you have any one-off charges, such as call charges, movies from Sky Store or Sky Box Office charges, these will appear on your next bill.

So yes you pay now (November) for items you get in December.

Back
Top Bottom