*** Sky Q Thread ***

Is it just me or does the difference between Q and Q silver not very much?

The only difference I can see is an extra 1TB storage, record one more channel simultaneously, and stream on 2 tablets instead of 1? Or am I missing something?

An extra £25 a month for me, i'm guessing this cancels out some offers you have?

Edit - Ah, the new packages replace some of the old ones, so if you were getting discount on them you can wave goodbye to it.

I have everything bar Movies, and it'll be "Without offers £116.90"

Bit rich for my blood me thinks. Also lol @ 'Smart Features fee' - Sky really do know how to take the ****.

Last edited:
An extra £25 a month for me, i'm guessing this cancels out some offers you have?

Edit - Ah, the new packages replace some of the old ones, so if you were getting discount on them you can wave goodbye to it.

I have everything bar Movies, and it'll be "Without offers £116.90"

Bit rich for my blood me thinks. Also lol @ 'Smart Features fee' - Sky really do know how to take the ****.

How did you find out? did you have to call them up.

Managed to get a quick look before it went down again but looks like 23.5 extra a month for me plus the one off costs which were not showing up... but at least 99 quid and i need two mini box's.

Seeing as i don't actually have a massive discount already (98 quid a month currently) cant see why i would want to pay so much more a month and get exactly no new content apart from the equipment.. even though it say equipment free.. which it obviously is not.

Pathetic. Won't let me order because we're not on Sky Broadband. How useless can you get. :( Might just tell them where to go with our Sky subscription.

It's a brand new service, give it 6 months and the offers will start coming in. No need to cancel your existing package just because things didn't match your expectations.

Anyone getting this?

502 Bad Gateway: Registered endpoint failed to handle the request.

Doubt I can get it if the Sky Broadband only stuff is true. Even though they can only offer 2.8mbps in my area on 2014 new build whereas Virgin were straight in there with the fibre. :(

Pathetic. Won't let me order because we're not on Sky Broadband. How useless can you get. :( Might just tell them where to go with our Sky subscription.

Phoned them and they have no date for when Q will be available for non Sky Broadband customers. :(

It's a brand new service, give it 6 months and the offers will start coming in. No need to cancel your existing package just because things didn't match your expectations.

18 month minimum subscription. Set up costs may apply. Sky Q available now to Sky Broadband customers. Coming soon to customers with broadband from other providers - register for more information.

Edit: Slightly confused now as it has allowed me to proceed to order without broadband to this:

Your current package

Family
Replaced with Sky Q bundle
Sky Movies
Sky Sports
Sky 3D
Sky Sports 5
Sky Go Extra
HD Pack
Sky Multiscreen
Sky+HD 2TB box
Sky+HD box

You've added

Sky Q bundle
Sky Q Silver
Sky Q Mini
Yours at no extra cost

Current monthly cost
£69

New monthly cost
£88.50

New one off costWhat's this?
£149

Last edited:
Has anyone else noticed the boxes no longer belong to the customer and are loaned similar to VM, and now need to be returned upon cancelling your contract.

I assume Sky will then replace the boxes if they go wrong meaning people no longer need Sky Protect? (not that I subscribe to that anyway)

Has anyone else noticed the boxes no longer belong to the customer and are loaned similar to VM, and now need to be returned upon cancelling your contract.

I assume Sky will then replace the boxes if they go wrong meaning people no longer need Sky Protect? (not that I subscribe to that anyway)

My understanding is that sky will look after the box's and repair / replace faulty items.

I also saw that you are only effectively renting the Sky Q box.

I think it's more than a little naughty they are charging you an upfront fee when you don't get to keep it.

I also saw that you are only effectively renting the Sky Q box.

I think it's more than a little naughty they are charging you an upfront fee when you don't get to keep it.

+ the fact of the extra monthly cost when A. i'm already paying almost full price and B. i wont need the extra mutli room cost.

Im being quoted 23 pound extra which if you take off the mutliroom I have now is actually 33 quid and i dont even get to keep the box's.

if anyone else is interested i just spec'd this which is what id do to switch back to sky from VM:

Q silver, unlimited Fibre, no movies or sports

Your selection
Sky Q Silver TV £54
Sky Q Bundle
Sky Q Silver Bundle

Sky Talk Pay As You Talk £0
Sky Line Rental £17.40
Sky Fibre Unlimited £20
Total monthly cost £91.40
One-off cost £149

Minimum 18 month contract

Just checked mine FWIW i cant get sky as bt dont cover east yorkshire. Im currently on a hd deal for £33 a month

Sky q is £54 a month with £349 setup cost, i dont think ill be getting it at those prices lol.

Just checked mine FWIW i cant get sky as bt dont cover east yorkshire. Im currently on a hd deal for £33 a month

Sky q is £54 a month with £349 setup cost, i dont think ill be getting it at those prices lol.

that crazy and to think a millions of people will be breaking their neck to pay it

Yup, just had a look.....£36.75/month more as well as £249 one-off (for Silver and 2 mini boxes), and then - once my current 50% off deal expires - a further £20~odd per month!

Methinks I will not be doing anything for a while - roll on the TCB/Quidco deals!

Back
Top Bottom