*** Sky Q Thread ***

Soldato
?
You lost me.

Its bizzare that it has Bluetooth functionality to allow mobile devices to connect to them and stream youtube and the like....

I would have loved to connect my Sony WH1000XM3 headphones to watch GoT !
Sky peddle it as cutting edge, latest, premium kit and attach a price tag that matches those claims. But like their router, it isn't very cutting edge at all.

Soldato
Sky peddle it as cutting edge, latest, premium kit and attach a price tag that matches those claims. But like their router, it isn't very cutting edge at all.
Ah gotcha.

Actually to be fair, I was thinking about my Sky Q setup which I have to say I absolutely love now compared to the previous Sky HD boxes.

It just seems to be more "fluid" and easy to use, accessible and up to date.

RoboCod (by the way, epic game.... I should dust this off and give it a go sometime :) - what are the alternatives in "premium equipment" for Cable/Satellite viewing?

Associate
Anyone been able to haggle a 2TB box from sky free? Contract comes to an end soon and with a UHD tv i'd like to make the most of it. Also would like another Q mini as a sweetner but doesn't seem like Sky like to budge these days guess they are doing pretty well.

Soldato
Anyone been able to haggle a 2TB box from sky free? Contract comes to an end soon and with a UHD tv i'd like to make the most of it. Also would like another Q mini as a sweetner but doesn't seem like Sky like to budge these days guess they are doing pretty well.
I think the general offer was £40 for the 2tb and a mini (if you were renewing with a sky q contract, Multiscreen, etc)

Soldato
Has anyone got any tips for getting a better Sky Q deal at all? We currently have 1 2TB box and 1 mini box along with Sky Sports and Sky Cinema on Sky Q but I think we are paying over the odds for our TV package. I'd be interested in seeing if we can get a better deal.

Is it worth cancelling and switching over to cable TV with Virgin Media?

Soldato
I've been watching Marvel's Agents of Shield with one of my boys and went to watch an episode tonight and they're completely gone, not a single series on box sets. Also, was watching The Passage, got to episode 2 before going on holiday, come back 10 days later and completely gone too. WTF is that all about? So annoying!

Caporegime
I've been watching Marvel's Agents of Shield with one of my boys and went to watch an episode tonight and they're completely gone, not a single series on box sets. Also, was watching The Passage, got to episode 2 before going on holiday, come back 10 days later and completely gone too. WTF is that all about? So annoying!
Licensing agreements sadly.

Soldato
Stupid question - we have SkyQ but not the sports channels, we have visitors with us for the weekend and they'd like to watch one of the premier league matches on tonight (newcastle/liverpool). Is there anyway to pay for a day pass or something to that effect? I could do with with Now TV but theres no Now App on the TV and i don't have time to go out and buy a Now TV stick.

Any ideas?

Soldato
Stupid question - we have SkyQ but not the sports channels, we have visitors with us for the weekend and they'd like to watch one of the premier league matches on tonight (newcastle/liverpool). Is there anyway to pay for a day pass or something to that effect? I could do with with Now TV but theres no Now App on the TV and i don't have time to go out and buy a Now TV stick.

Any ideas?

what about using the nowtv app on your phone and stream it to the tv via chromecast

Caporegime

Any ideas?
Can't put sports on the TV for just a day but you can add it and ask for it to be removed at the same time. Would be £18pm or so.

Soldato
Been looking at Sky again after not having it for quite a few years and my team back in the Premier League and for Basic package plus Sky Sports with the HD bells and whistles its £53 with a £20 "install fee" and if I want the UHD box its either £195 upfront or add Sky Q Experience for £13 extra and £75 for the "install" of the UHD Box. £66 a month.
Not much incentive for a new customer dont think I`ll bother.

Soldato
Been looking at Sky again after not having it for quite a few years and my team back in the Premier League and for Basic package plus Sky Sports with the HD bells and whistles its £53 with a £20 "install fee" and if I want the UHD box its either £195 upfront or add Sky Q Experience for £13 extra and £75 for the "install" of the UHD Box. £66 a month.

Was that online?

If so, go speak to one of the reps on a stand within a shopping centre. I know right now they have the best deals..

Soldato
I'm paying £40/month (was £38 up till a few weeks ago until yearly price rise) for the SkySports and HD. I have basic TV with no box sets, kids etc. I'll be cancelling at the end of my contract as even that's too much for me. I originally got Sky for the great Spanish football coverage but that's now gone and Premier League coverage isn't what it used to be being split with BTSport.

Associate
Hey guys, no idea if it's the right place for this but any decent offers for Sky at the mo? Currently with TalkTalk and can't get Virgin where I am so that narrows down my options somewhat.

Back
Top Bottom