*** Sky Q Thread ***

Soldato
I guess this is Q related.....
Game of Thrones - Final Season.
This should be available in UHD on Q. I'm assuming that the 2:00am showing is going to be in HD with the UHD download available at almost the same time?
I don't get up at silly o'clock, but would want to watch it once I'm home from work in the evening - hoping I can get the UHD version quite quickly....

1hr 39mins HD @ 2.5GB (720p at best with compression) and no UHD option

Soldato
Noticed last weeks update has moved Scheduled back to the Recordings menu and not hidden in manage anymore.

Yes - about damn time.
When I first moved to Q I had to Google to find where Scheduled was. Don't understand the thinking on hiding it so deep, it's a menu people want to get to.

Man of Honour
Did anyone watch the Champions League on BT Sport via Sky Q last night? The IQ was pretty crap, it looked like SD upscaled (badly) to HD with vertical lines panning left to right every second or so. It did it on both BT channels. Other Sky channels in HD was fine.

Associate
My house is being renovated at the moment, getting rendered and a new roof, and so the builder suggested that I get any tv / internet services installed now before they finish the outside to avoid the need for cables through the finished building.

Can anyone tell me if Sky Q still uses a satellite dish or is it all via broadband? Also does anyone have a phone number for a sales department? If possible I'd like to sort this out over the next month but not looking to move in until July / Aug so wondering if they can complete an install but defer the services start date but no obvious way to raise anything like that online.

Associate
is the football all in 4k on sky q ? I'm considering getting it fitted for next season not been customer for 20 plus years hopefully will be able to get a good deal.

Man of Honour
is the football all in 4k on sky q ? I'm considering getting it fitted for next season not been customer for 20 plus years hopefully will be able to get a good deal.
Only Premier League games on Sky Sports are.

Depending on your TV, you may not notice much of a difference between HD and 4k so it isn't really a deal breaker until HDR comes along.

Caporegime
?
You lost me.

Its bizzare that it has Bluetooth functionality to allow mobile devices to connect to them and stream youtube and the like....

I would have loved to connect my Sony WH1000XM3 headphones to watch GoT !

AFAIK the Bluetooth connection is only setup to connect a Remote and like most Bluetooth devices will only allow a single device to be paired.

Back
Top Bottom