*** Sky Q Thread ***

Caporegime
I'm having an absolute nightmare with Sky, changed my package on an agreed deal for the next 12 months yet my bills aren't correct. I've spoken to at least 10 people about it over the past 2 weeks and no one gets back to me, their customer service advisors are laughably bad.

The last person said "Sorry, it's going to be £12 more than agreed and there's nothing I can do about it" ... I mean wtf, I still have the online chat transcript of the agreed deal so how can they possibly get away with that. :confused:

Don
I'm having an absolute nightmare with Sky, changed my package on an agreed deal for the next 12 months yet my bills aren't correct. I've spoken to at least 10 people about it over the past 2 weeks and no one gets back to me, their customer service advisors are laughably bad.

The last person said "Sorry, it's going to be £12 more than agreed and there's nothing I can do about it" ... I mean wtf, I still have the online chat transcript of the agreed deal so how can they possibly get away with that. :confused:

Yeah, don't talk to me about their sheer incompetence. I spoke to someone on live chat about purchasing a new Q mini box a few weeks back, that was sorted fine but then he offered me a couple of decent offers so I thought why not. He told me how much my monthly bill would rise by and I was happy with that, it turns out it removed all the existing offers/discounts I had so when I looked at my future bills they had skyrocketed, I had an absolute nightmare getting all the changes remove. I still don't think its right now.

Caporegime
Yeah, don't talk to me about their sheer incompetence. I spoke to someone on live chat about purchasing a new Q mini box a few weeks back, that was sorted fine but then he offered me a couple of decent offers so I thought why not. He told me how much my monthly bill would rise by and I was happy with that, it turns out it removed all the existing offers/discounts I had so when I looked at my future bills they had skyrocketed, I had an absolute nightmare getting all the changes remove. I still don't think its right now.

Likewise mine still isn't sorted, last conversation I had with someone they basically said "Sorry nothing we can do you'll have to pay the higher price" (again). Needless to say i've raised a complaint and am awaiting them calling me back, not that I expect they will.

Soldato

If the deal was agreed with Sky TV in a chat clearly stating the agreed price and your acceptance that would be a breach of contract if they didn't honor it, unless there are terms and conditions you agreed to before opening the chat negating this.

Caporegime
If the deal was agreed with Sky TV in a chat clearly stating the agreed price and your acceptance that would be a breach of contract if they didn't honor it, unless there are terms and conditions you agreed to before opening the chat negating this.

Absolutely it's a breach of contract, they've said I can cancel anytime I like penalty free. Ultimately the goal is to get the deal I agreed to, if not then I have a decision to make whether to cancel or not.

Soldato
Thanks to the wonderful help of members here and the advantage of Friends and Family deals I've booked my Sky Q installation for Monday.

4k, couple of mini boxes, the full works.

Back
Top Bottom