*** Sky Q Thread ***

Caporegime
Sky Q has now become the default option for any new and upgrading customers, even if you only want Multiscreen. As such I really don't know what's happening with the F&F offers.

Caporegime
Ah ok, guess it makes sense to get everyone on the same hardware and lease rather than ownership model.

If I moved my mini box to another house with a Q subscription it should connect ok won't it? Nothing locking it to the current Q box?

I think they are locked to the viewing card in the main box

Certainly the other house will have to have Q Silver, as standard Q does not support multiple Mini's.

Then i guess you could get it paired with the new viewing card, not entirely sure how difficult or easy that would be TBH.

Associate
Just had mine installed, so far seems really nice although I don't like the new touch remote, good job you also get a standard one. The installer was quite happy to setup using ethernet for both silver and mini boxes. Configured the UHD 10bit colour output option and even on normal HD channels the picture is improved, the internal scaler looks very solid.

There are around 20 UHD films available to download, so caned my broadband doing exactly that :) Watched The Martian (19Gb download) in UHD and the quality was a revelation.

Last edited:
Soldato
I cancelled Sky just over a month ago after they wouldn't budge on the Sky Q price. I went with BT and the service was recently activated. However, after finding out what a shower they are I've cancelled immediately. Sky were offering 60pc off any Sky+ package but when I contacted them have applied it to a Sky Q 2tb box with the box sets bundle. It'll be installed next month.

So it looks like there's more wiggle room for people wanting Sky Q.

Caporegime
I see Sky Sports is half price for 3 months. Tempted as I have Sky Q installed on Monday and fancy some footy in 4K.

Not sure if we have a six month offer in Tech, trust me your details Thundy and I can check on Monday.

Just checked and I have a six months half price upgrade available as a Friends and Family offer. Trust me and I'll pass it along.

Last edited:
Soldato
Was in currys today and they were offering sky q 1tb box set package and sky fibre unlimited for £10 a month plus line rental (12 months)

Not sure if they had any deals on the 2tb.

Thing that has surprised me the most with the q box is how it does such a good job at giving you on demand content. I've barely watched live TV or Netflix / Amazon since I got it as they keep putting new shows on the home page that I end up watching :D

Given up with the touch remote though, standard one is fine by me.

Last edited:
Soldato
MisChief, any Sky Q F&F deals for existing or new customers?

Thinking if new deals only I'll sign up in the missus name and cancel mine...

Cheers

Edit: how did the guy earlier order Sky+ but get the Q box?!

Associate
Just ordered Sky Q silver as part of a home move. It is crazy the run around you have to do to get the best deal with Sky. I ended up cancelling Sky+, then taking a 60% off retention deal, then doing the £60 SkyQ upgrade with a minibox as a home move. Took about 10 calls...

Don
Not sure if we have a six month offer in Tech, trust me your details Thundy and I can check on Monday.

Just checked and I have a six months half price upgrade available as a Friends and Family offer. Trust me and I'll pass it along.

If you've already got Sports can I cancel it and add it again with the 6 months half price code? Assuming you've got any more of course.

Back
Top Bottom