*** Sky Q Thread ***

Caporegime
MisChief, any Sky Q F&F deals for existing or new customers?

Thinking if new deals only I'll sign up in the missus name and cancel mine...

Cheers

Edit: how did the guy earlier order Sky+ but get the Q box?!

If you even ask for Multiscreen you'll now have no option but to take Sky Q as Sky+ is now only available if you have a communal dish that hasn't been upgraded yet. Sky Q 1TB is the box every new customer gets now as well, except as above.

Soldato
I tried to upgrade my package with the half price sport deal. Said it would cost something like £57 a month :D I take it this is due to me taking the new customer deal from MissChief last month? Does the sky sports offer somehow cancel out all offers and I would end up paying full price. Or is it a bug in the system as it said I could add movies and sports for like £30 :D

Man of Honour
Installed this morning. Not a comprehensive review but overall I like it.

IQ is much, much better than the old HD box.
I don't like the r=touch remote.
I think I prefer the old box's menu system.
Sky in my bedroom, yay!

Don
It takes 31 days to remove a package, if you ask to remove it you might get a longer term offer.

Cheers. I'm trying to give this a go but I'm finding it impossible to get through to the downgrades department. Called and on the automated questions I said I wanted to downgrade and was on hold for 50 minutes before I gave up. Tried calling again, this time I said I had a question about my bill and it was answered in 2 minutes. I was then transfered to the downgrades department when I told them what I really called about and I was told the wait time was less than 10 minutes - 30 minutes later I'm still waiting.

edit @ 18.07 - another 30+ minutes on hold my call was finally answered (the longest 10 minutes of my life) and no luck. They said they can't give me any offers on Sports as I'm already have the Q offer on my account.

Caporegime
Cheers. I'm trying to give this a go but I'm finding it impossible to get through to the downgrades department. Called and on the automated questions I said I wanted to downgrade and was on hold for 50 minutes before I gave up. Tried calling again, this time I said I had a question about my bill and it was answered in 2 minutes. I was then transfered to the downgrades department when I told them what I really called about and I was told the wait time was less than 10 minutes - 30 minutes later I'm still waiting.

Thank Martyn Lewis for telling everyone on prime time and morning TV to call and ask for a discount. They're absolutely snowed under at the moment. In the morning if you can!

Don
As per my edit, I got through eventually after waiting over an hour (+ the 50 minutes from the first call) and they said there's nothing they can do. I asked to cancel and he didn't offer me anything.

I don't mind the fact that they're busy but when they're advising customers their call would be answered within 10 minutes and t hey wait over an hour, that's pretty poor.

Associate
I've just been on the phone with Sky to discuss returning as a customer.

I've taken the Sky Q offer,
2TB Sky Q box + All channels (movies+sports)

£99 activation fee + £30/month for 12 months.

Is this a good deal?

Soldato
If you even ask for Multiscreen you'll now have no option but to take Sky Q as Sky+ is now only available if you have a communal dish that hasn't been upgraded yet. Sky Q 1TB is the box every new customer gets now as well, except as above.

Not fussed about multi screen only use our lounge tv.

Is there any new customer deals I could sign up with my missus?

So whatever package you sign up for as a new customer, you get the Q 1tb box?

Soldato
Everyone gets the Q 1TB box now but I have no deals for new customers at the moment.

Hi MissChief,

would you be able to help me out with a new customer deal ?

Ive sign up to a sky deal this morning but it was not the 2tb Q box like i was expecting so i may cancel.

Soldato
The person I spoke to on web chat only offered me a 1tb box and swore it was the same as the 2tb apart from capacity. I phoned retentions instead and was told that the 2tb box has the same £30 setup cost and the adviser told me I should take the larger box, which I happily did.

I suspect they are trying to get rid of all the old 1tb boxes from their stock. When I checked the smaller box isn't even an option online.

Associate
Can't seem to find an answer to this, I have SKY in my name at the moment which is out of the 12 month contract. If I was to cancel and get the wife to order in her name would she be eligible for the customer offers? Or do Sky apply it to the property instead?

Guessing if this is possible I would need to cancel and get that sorted before she ordered :)

Associate
£30 a month for everything sounds pretty decent to me.

Yes seems decent.

I just got off the phone with them now and said I was not happy about paying £99 activation fee. The sky representative was very good and said he could not understand why I had been charged it. So he refunded this too. :)

Man of Honour
I've been using it for a few days now, pleased I upgraded. Apart from what I've already mentioned, I'm really enjoying the menu/EPG. It's so slick and is a joy to use and much faster compared to the old box.

Back
Top Bottom