*** Sky Q Thread ***

Associate
I reckon about 40 or so on a regular basis via the Cinema Subscription and another few dozen via sky store PPV. not sure of the exact numbers.

I dont have a 4k TV/projector connected to my Sky boxes, but do have Atmos sound system. If I upgraded to Sky Q, do those 4k movies also have Dolby atmos sound? I'm hoping an upgrade to Q would bring nice upgrade to my sound aswell as 4k in future.

Associate
Well i just checked on my account and the upgrade was £75 for a 2TB box and 1 mini box for free, so pulled the trigger and install booked for next Thursday. Hopefully i'll notice the difference in sound even if I cant notice any pic quality differences yet until i upgrade a display.

Soldato
Well i just checked on my account and the upgrade was £75 for a 2TB box and 1 mini box for free, so pulled the trigger and install booked for next Thursday. Hopefully i'll notice the difference in sound even if I cant notice any pic quality differences yet until i upgrade a display.
I tried to do the upgrade by there website but does not allow me too...

I find it hard to believe how such a huge company like this can have such a crappy website...
It is not possible to upgrade by there website and you cannot even see there prices properly..It unbelievable

It like there forcing people to have to phone them..

Last edited:
Caporegime
I tried to do the upgrade by there website but does not allow me too...

I find it hard to believe how such a huge company like this can have such a crappy website...
It is not possible to upgrade by there website and you cannot even see there prices properly..It unbelievable

It like there forcing people to have to phone them..

you get better deals on the phone by haggling anyway so i don't see the point in using the website personally.

i haggled £20 off the install by just asking nicely on the phone. that is £20 for literally 10 mins on the phone.

Caporegime
I dont have a 4k TV/projector connected to my Sky boxes, but do have Atmos sound system. If I upgraded to Sky Q, do those 4k movies also have Dolby atmos sound? I'm hoping an upgrade to Q would bring nice upgrade to my sound aswell as 4k in future.
Some of them do, but not all of them.

Associate
Well Sky Q installed a few hours ago, all went well. Got both boxes connected to a HDBaseT matrix, and when set to 1080p output all audio and video displays on all TV's. However I cant set the output to 2160 though to get access to UHD (which im not bothered about as all displays are 1080p), but I'd need this output I guess to access the atmos soundtracks? The error message comes up saying no HDCP2.2 is detected? Any way around this or how can I access the Atmos sound?

Caporegime
Well Sky Q installed a few hours ago, all went well. Got both boxes connected to a HDBaseT matrix, and when set to 1080p output all audio and video displays on all TV's. However I cant set the output to 2160 though to get access to UHD (which im not bothered about as all displays are 1080p), but I'd need this output I guess to access the atmos soundtracks? The error message comes up saying no HDCP2.2 is detected? Any way around this or how can I access the Atmos sound?
Is the Sky Q connected directly to the matrix or splitter box? Does this support HDMI 2.2? Are you using the right leads?

Soldato
Why is the sky website always broken :(:mad:

Am Trying to see if they got any offers or deals on at the moment for when upgrading to sky Q but there website offers page no work again :(
It like there trying to force people to phone them instead.

tmkv6hN.png

Last edited:
Caporegime
Why is the sky website always broken :(:mad:

Am Trying to see if they got any offers or deals on at the moment for when upgrading to sky Q but there website offers page no work again :(
It like there trying to force people to phone them instead.

You have posted before about issues seeing the Sky website, when no one else can replicate the issues, or even reports issues, so it might possibly be a problem with the way you are trying to access it somehow, or the equipment you are using in some way.

Also to be honest, the best offers will always be by phone or online chat, in the many years I have been with Sky, extremely rarely, do they ever post good deals on the website.

You always get a better response actually talking to a person.

Back
Top Bottom