*** Sky TV Cancellation & Negotiation Thread ***

Man of Honour
I doubt "Dave" on chat will give me much.

Just want Sky basic package, HD, and discovery/national geo, with skyq 2gb and one mini box.
No kids, movies or sports.

Man of Honour
Dave says:

the Entertainment package for £20 (this was £27 saving you £7 a month with a 18 month minimum term)

Boxsets for £4 a month (this was £5 saving you £1 a month with a 18 month minimum term)

HD channels for £4 a month (this was £5 saving you £1 a month with a 18 month minimum term)

multiscreen for £13

This would bring your new monthly cost to £41 for a new 18 month minimum term. This offer does come with a £10.00 admin fee, it doesn't need paying up front and would be added to the next available bill.

What do you reckon @superdumper

Go for the full cancel and get handed to retention?

Soldato
My offer was improved by going to cancellations, as far as I could tell it wasn't like a 'point of no return' thing to go through to them so definitely worth a go. Do you have bb with sky too?

Associate
Is that as a renewal or new customer?

*Edit*
Eff it, I'm cancelling. £55 for just the SkyQ basics is having a laugh. Lets see what they offer on chat.

Due to the Mastercard, I'd say it's new customer.

Full price it's £120.99 for all that (and he's probably forgotten to add HD as well?), so at £84 it's not a bad deal in my books.

New customer and yes sorry it includes HD & UHD

Associate
Dave says:

What do you reckon @superdumper

Go for the full cancel and get handed to retention?

Retentions would probably offer you Entertainment for £20, HD and Box Sets for £1 each, and MS for £13, so £35 is the best you can probably get from them. The £10 admin fee would also be there.

Depending on your tenure, the Q 2TB and the minibox would be between £30-90 to get installed.

Was the offer you quoted from Value? If so, then yes, speak to Retentions.

Man of Honour
I already have Q 2TB and a minibox.

I ended up dropping the box sets, we never use them. And got. Entertainment for £17, HD for £4 and Sky Q experience for £13 so £34 altogether.

Soldato
If anyone's interested for the sake of comparison, I ended up getting Experience (2 minis), Entertainment, Box Sets, Sports, Movies & HD, so basically everything bar Netflix & Kids, for £66 for 18 months.

No doubt I could have got it even cheaper if I'd carried on playing the game but I was happy enough with a circa 30% discount and feel that's a reasonable price for what I'm receiving.

Soldato
what hoops do I have to jump through to talk to them on chat rather than on the phone?

Our TV was on a 60% discount thanks to this thread, that lapsed and then it went to 30%. March the total bill was £72 (box sets, multiview, line rental, fibre internet, anytime), in April its £79, in May its £84, in June its 93 and in July it'll be 100. No way is it going that damned high.

EDIT: Thought I'd put my progress, if any, in here too.

Doing it on the facebook chat.

Currently have Box Sets, Q multiroom, line rental, fibre internet and anytime calls. Right now that's £73 a month but rising gradually to £100 a month by July as various deals end and the price rises come in.

First offer £80

Entertainment with £7 off: £20.00
Kids with £1 off :£4.00
Hd with £1 off :£4.00
Box Sets with £1 off :£4.00
Multiscreen: £13.00
Fibre with £5.99 off: £16.01
Line Rental: £18.99
New total £80.00 for 18 months, £20 one off fee.

Offer 2 £71
Kids with £4 off: £1.00
Hd with £4 off: £1.00
Box Sets with £4 off: £1.00
Line Rental: £18.99
New total only £71.00, £10 fee

Offer 3 £68.50
Kids with £4 off: £1.00
Hd with £4 off: £1.00
Box Sets with £4 off: £1.00
Line Rental: £16.49
New total only £68.50, £10 fee

Last edited:
Soldato
Left Sky last week - only had BB and phone with them anyway. We were paying £43 a month (I probably should have checked that cost sooner!), got a 'free' upgrade to ~twice the speed - only to get a letter a few weeks later; saying they're putting up the prices, taking us to around £47 a month.

With Vodafone now, £25 a month and exactly the same speeds - I only ever need to call when there's a fault, as I always stick the rubbish modems in a 'modem only' mode and use my own wifi kit; so hardly get any problems.

Soldato
I'm on sky q 2tb went to cancellation logged into account and entertainment was £15 hd £1 so I took this for 12 months and got there silly admin fee of £10 waived too.

Soldato
Currently during my notice period with Sky, to stay they've offered me my package for 65 a month (that's sky Q box sets, sports and movies in HD and an extra mini box) They offered an upgrade to a 2tb Q box for a one off 75 quid also.

I'd love to stay with Sky, I really like Sky Q but Vermin have offered two v6 boxes, all channels, 350mb broadband and the top landline package for 99 a month (we were paying 50 for 200mb broadband and basic landline) I get that Virgin TV isn't as good as a Sky, but I'm willing to put up with that for the money saved a month and I'll have the addition of BT sport for the UFC, extra PL games and CL. :)

Caporegime
Currently during my notice period with Sky, to stay they've offered me my package for 65 a month (that's sky Q box sets, sports and movies in HD and an extra mini box) They offered an upgrade to a 2tb Q box for a one off 75 quid also.

I'd love to stay with Sky, I really like Sky Q but Vermin have offered two v6 boxes, all channels, 350mb broadband and the top landline package for 99 a month (we were paying 50 for 200mb broadband and basic landline) I get that Virgin TV isn't as good as a Sky, but I'm willing to put up with that for the money saved a month and I'll have the addition of BT sport for the UFC, extra PL games and CL. :)
Don’t forget no Sky Atlantic with Virgin.

Associate
I’m with Virgin, was previously Sky for 14 years. Virgin Is utter crap but can’t seem to get a decent deal from sky
Why do you think Virgin is crap? I switched and was very impressed by their internet, ability to record additional channels simultaneously and also the tivo's scheduling which filled in for missing episodes of seasons / recommendations etc. Agree the UI is dated but it's more responsive than the sky UI (maybe due to speed of internet) and so I don't agree the service is utter crap.

I've since let all go as renovating my house and so debating if I go back to virgin or give sky q a go etc. I think the biggest issue is that they're both very expensive and the fragmentation of the market place means you don't get all content which is poor for the consumer.

Soldato
Managed to get the following deal from Sky today. No idea how good it is, but the monthly cost has dropped from around £88 to £52.

Sky Fibre Max
£25.00
Discounted by £5.00 for Ongoing
-£5.00
Discounted by £18.99 for 18 months
-£18.99

New price £1.01

Sky TV
£27.00
Discounted by £5.00 for 18 months
-£5.00
Discounted by £7.00 for 18 months
-£7.00

New price £15.00

Kept HD and F1 - whole package is the same except dropping boxsets (they offered for an additional £3 a month).

Soldato
I just went through cancellations and best he could offer me was Entertainment, box sets, movies and multiroom for £49 or £36 without multiroom.

I told him to go ahead and cancel, maybe I'll regret that decision lol.

Back
Top Bottom