Sky TV (Offers and Advice)

Associate
Hi Guys,

Any codes available still? Just completed the purchase of first property and ready to look at getting Sky installed.

cheers.

Don
I've tried cancelling Sky three times in the past 5 months but they keep offering me £50 credit to stay and think it over so it's working a treat so far. They could have saved themselves money if they'd just give me Sports+Entertainment+HD for £30 a month, I'd happily pay that.

Associate
My Sky is up for renewal and was wondering if anyone had gotten any good deals out of them lately.
Not sure what to hold out for really.
Currently have a 35% off deal on my acc and pay £49 a month for the full sky tv with HD but my BT internet has now lappsed from contract and is £44 for line rental unlimited calls and unlimited broadband.

Sky have offered my unlimited broadband and evening calls and line rental and my full tv package for £66 for 10 months (the broadband for a year).
Shall i hold out for better and go through retentions?
I have told them to cancel but will see what and if they offer anything else.
They where offering the complete TV bundle 2 weeks ago to new customers for £25.

They are also offering a free 32" Samsung TV or Sonos Play 1 speaker at the moment for new customers.

Any tips will be appreciated.

Associate
OP
I know Miss has kinda taken over this thread but if anyone wants any half price for a year sky tv offers let me know ;)

Associate
OP
I need some advice,

We have a brand new concrete driveway and no sky install / dish.

How would they install my sky and broadband?? Can't see any points going to the house.

They place a dish on the wall of the house, and run cables from the dish to the room you want the sky in, it doesn't require a feed from outside the property just the dish and the cables to the skybox. Companies like virgin need to run a fibre cable from the street which is what your thinking, but Sky uses satallites so nothing needs to come up your drive ;)

Soldato
They place a dish on the wall of the house, and run cables from the dish to the room you want the sky in, it doesn't require a feed from outside the property just the dish and the cables to the skybox. Companies like virgin need to run a fibre cable from the street which is what your thinking, but Sky uses satallites so nothing needs to come up your drive ;)

Ahhh silly me :)

I've asked for 2 boxes, one in front room and one in back, will they wire 2 cables from the dish, one to front room and one to back room?

I've also asked for a standard sky HD box as the second as I don't want to spend £199 on the HD + box, I have two from previous install, can I ask the engineer to use this as my second box instead?

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi Kahn

I have the variety pack with sport and movies costing £71 but it is discounted to £33. I have my viewing subscription discounted by £30.50 and my HD package by £7.75, also have sky+ and sky 3d free.

This was for a 12 month period from retentions i believe.

This is up in the next month or two, how can i go about retaining this deal?

Can't type for toffee
Don
nah they wouldnt have it, said theres nothing they can do.

Even if i cancelled, its 31 days notice, and that code has to be used by the 26th june? Meaning if my other half signed up their would be 2 accounts which obviously cant be done!

So my options are:

cancel. give 31 days notice and wait for another F&F deal whenever that will be and put up with freeview until then.

dont cancel, and hope for a reasonable discount for sports and movies in the next few months.

If that doesnt happen, then im stuck in a 12 month contract without the package i want! Theres no way im paying £75 for it all when it can be had £30 less.

such a pain in the ass :(

If it's not the package you wanted then why did you sign up?
At the end of the day you agreed to a 12 month contract for the prices quoted.

get the cancellation in ASAP, If you want it in the future the FnF deals are pretty much always on, you may even be able to manage to blag cashback too ;) freeview, nowtv and netflix should do in the meantime

Soldato
I'm moving into my first property with my girlfriend in a month and debating about sky. Currently looking at standard broadband/calls with sky, but not sure about their TV package, is there anything you can help with? HD would be great, and maybe sports/films? Just to get some ideas! Thanks in advance, you're a great help.

Back
Top Bottom