Sky Updated Epg

Associate
Also, series link on mine is now recording every instance of the show in question - ie. Match of the Day is now taping the Saturday night showing AND the early Sunday morning showing, which it never used to!?!?! :confused:
I'm still on the old EPG I think and one of my season passes seems to have gone wrong, didn't record Horizon last night and it's next scheduled recording for it is an episode already recorded and saved in the planner.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Have they removed the option to press the red button after you press the TV Guide button to get to on demand? Doesn't seem to work now. Pressing green still takes you to the planner though.

Associate
.13P has some minor bug fixes picked up from .06P.

I believe that the red button change was made previously.

There were a few other button changes made that haven't been reported upon. Basically someone was tasked with tidying up the EPG short cuts. The result should be that things are a little better now for the longer term.

Soldato
The HDMI-CEC is perhaps the main technical change that is present that mst people will be interested in.

Indeed, and what a pain in the backside it is. Up to now whenever I've turned the Skybox on, the TV has automatically switched to the Sky HDMI input for viewing. When switched back to standby the TV reverts to DVB broadcast.

Now switching over to Sky, switches as normal, however when the box is switched back to standby the TV stays on the HDMI channel for the skybox. But just gives a blank screen instead of reverting to DVB. Why do they meddle with stuff that's not broken. From what little I've read it's so the TV can be switched out of standby via the Sky remote.

Can you wind back to a previous EPG version manually??

Last edited:
Soldato
Tried switching HDMI control to "off" in the picture menu. Makes no difference. Will still switch to the HDMI Skybox source when switching out of standby. But switching back to standby it just stays on that source instead of reverting to DVB/TV.

Soldato
Since the last update I've been having some sound issues.
If I us my universal remote to switch from sky to say my playstation then go back to sky there's no sound from sky. I have to end up powering of the sky box and turning it back on.

Soldato
Yeah, it irks me. Its worked absolutely fine for years across various boxes I've had. This last update has screwed the HDMI switching somehow. Apparently from what little I've found, it simply so the Skybox can switch the TV out of standby on power up. It still scews that up because it may well turn the TV on, but still doesn't switch to Sky by default. So not only is it an annoyance but it doesn't work anyway. So what's the ****in point??

V F

V F

Soldato
Since the last update I've been having some sound issues.
If I us my universal remote to switch from sky to say my playstation then go back to sky there's no sound from sky. I have to end up powering of the sky box and turning it back on.

Hold the standby button down on the box until the light goes red. Instead of pulling the plug.

Soldato
Nooo, don't have to pull the plug just power off then on again on the controller. Just annoying that is only just started

Associate
I wouldn't recommend pressing the standby button until the power LED goes red, unless you intentionally wish to mess up an recordings you have scheduled.

Placing the STB in standby mode should be sufficient.

As for what the function does, or at least should do...

• Bring the TV out of standby mode
  • Swap the TV to the correct HDMI input for the Sky STB

If the TV is already on, then pressing the <sky> button should simply switch the TV to the HDMI feed.

If any of you have read the review that I wrote you will see that my own two STBs cause different results on each TV that they are connected to.

The set up in my bedroom works as expected. If I press the <sky> button the STB starts up and the TV comes on. Even if the TV is off and the STB is already on, this works just fine.

In both cases pressing <sky> will also cause the TVs to switch to the HDMI port that the Sky STB is connected to.

However with my main TV I have a IR repeater connected to the TV. This allows me to use the TV's remote to change channels or even the TV's guide/suggestions to control the STB. It also mean that when I switch on the TV, it is set up to switch on my Sky STB. Since the TV just sends the single 'standby' command, if the STB is already on, the TV switches it off. This means that I have to stick to using the TV's remote to power up the TV or rush to turn on the Sky box for a 2nd time.

I could disable the function, but I still like to be able to switch to the Sky STB on occasions.

If you do decide to disable the function please remember to press <Green> to save the new settings. That should then prevent the HMDI-CEC function from working.

If it is still working and you have disabled the CEC function, could you confirm which version you have installed please? Currently R010.070.58.13P is now rolling out, but some of you may have R010070.58.06P.

Thank you.

Associate
I'm not someone who has the full technical details on how all the different kit out there works, but from what I have learned some AVR kit will allow the CEC signal from the Sky STB through to power up the TV. Some will also read the signal and power up themselves.

It might be that owners of these will need to check their User Manuals to see if there are any changes which they may make to make things better.

However, I don't know what will be required in each individual case. Hopefully owners of the same kit can help each other here.

The update is rolling out in ever greater numbers. Currently .13P is anticipated as the final firmware for the DRX89x range. Of course should a major issue be identified and resolved, a new code will come out.

As for the next round of changes (i.e. R011), I have no information when they will be made public nor what they are. Your guess is as good as mine, but I would hope that something nice will be made available either in December or early next year.

Soldato
Just tried turning hdmi control off and that's sorted my sound issue. Don't need it in anyway as my Harmony remote does the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom