Sky Updated Epg

Soldato
The whole TV Guide button taking you to a menu thing is a bit annoying but it does make accessing on demand content a lot more intuitive. I like the new colour scheme as well, seems "fresh" in my eyes.

Sky doesn't have it spot on but after using a Virgin Tivo box the other day I really appreciate just how good a job they have done. The Tivo is horrible to use and the remote is just confusing.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I actually quite like the way that if you press the backup button it takes you to the guide, but starts at the channel your on rather than 101.

Soldato
Is Sky Showcase all download only now? Have they done away with the box recording programs automatically and storing them?

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Looks the same to me, though the worlds end is a download. Generally if its got a trailer its already 'downloaded'. :)

Caporegime
Is Sky Showcase all download only now? Have they done away with the box recording programs automatically and storing them?

There are now some films and programmes that are in showcase that need to be downloaded. If it has the play symbol at the bottom it's on the box. If not then it will download when you select it as normal.

V F

V F

Soldato
Well well well. Don't we have a pretty update. R010.070.58.06P

New long film thumbnails for OnDemand. Customize tab, HD if available setting.
HDMI control. Power on TV with the Sky button. Sky button still takes you out to fullscreen viewing.
Add Channels, DVB-S and DVB-S2 options. With modulation Scheme.

Plus my signal quality has boosted a tad. 90/90 for input1 on most channels. As well as tidied that section. Phone line is no longer on page2.

Series Link has been improved to record all the episodes from every new series of a tv show.
Sports has been added to the Homepage and lists all the live sporting events now.

Back Up to TV Guide can be set On or Off now, under customize page2.

Last edited:
Associate
Associate
Sky must have a new firmware developer because the last few updates have not broken something, for once :p

:p Also the beta team have been busy feeding back lots of information.

This recent update hasn't introduced much in the way of new technical features, like previous versions have.

The HDMI-CEC is perhaps the main technical change that is present that mst people will be interested in.

There are plenty of others present, but most of these are under the hood.

R010 continues to roll out though and another large chunk of people received their update earlier this week.

Associate
Could I ask you to check first that you haven't disabled the feature in the TV's menu system?

Provided that you now have the R010 firmware on your Sky+ HD STB you should be able to just press the <sky> button on the Sky remote to bring both out of standby mode.

Soldato
Could I ask you to check first that you haven't disabled the feature in the TV's menu system?

Provided that you now have the R010 firmware on your Sky+ HD STB you should be able to just press the <sky> button on the Sky remote to bring both out of standby mode.

I went into the TV's settings and checked the options that seemed to pertain to this (there is no specific mention of "CEC") were on... eg: VIerra Link.

Last edited:
Soldato
Had a quick scan of the new features - so am I right in thinking that "Back" still takes you into the EPG??

Also, series link on mine is now recording every instance of the show in question - ie. Match of the Day is now taping the Saturday night showing AND the early Sunday morning showing, which it never used to!?!?! :confused:

Back
Top Bottom