• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Skylake-X Lineup Leaked: i9-7980XE 18 Core Flagship Processor

Associate
RGB the IHS ? ,everthing will sell better that way .......No ? :D

Wonder what comes after all this RGB-ing...?

Maybe OLED microdisplays on everything?

Or going back to that cool electroluminescent lighting people used to use on stereos? That stuff had a kind of 'shiny-neon-aura' quality to the light it put out.

Soldato
Intel are just rehashing existing CPU's. I think AMD have them by the balls now with Ryzen and threadripper. That INTEL 18 core CPU is a panic launch. Even the MOBO vendors don't have a sample to play with yet. Really happy to see AMD nipping at the balls of INTEL now. Perhaps INTEL will up their game and launch something that isn't just a rehash of previous chips

Associate
What time the nda is expected to be lifted today ?

It's not. Seems like the date was wrong, with reviewer manuals only being received yesterday and some not having received one yet. So June 19 is more likely, the same date pre-orders go live. Pretty plssed off by this.

====

Intel:

- Core i7 X-series chips and the 10-core Core i9 launching next week
- Pre-orders for the 'mega-tasking' 12-, 14-, 16- and 18-core processors also kicking off at the same time
- Intel did though show the first live demo of the 18-core, 36-thread Core i9-7980XE processor running an intensive VR-gaming, streaming and green-screen rendering workload spitting out to Twitch - 36 threads running at around 70-80% load across the board

Intel have just announced at their first ever E3 press conference the X-series processors will be up for pre-order starting next week.

Gregory Bryant, Intel's head of PC gubbins, said the first Core i7 X-series chips and the 10-core Core i9 will be available next week, with pre-orders for the 'mega-tasking' 12-, 14-, 16- and 18-core processors also kicking off at the same time.

While the more mainstream, though still pricey, CPUs will be on sale in June, the big chips will be hitting the retailers from August through to October this year.

Intel did though show the first live demo of the 18-core, 16-thread Core i9 7980XE processor running an intensive VR-gaming, streaming and green-screen rendering workload spitting out to Twitch. They showed all 36 threads running at around 70-80% load across the board. Yeah, I did say it was intensive...

https://www.pcgamesn.com/intel/intel-core-i9-skylake-x-specs

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom