Smartwatch Thread (news/apps/updates)

Associate
Just treated myself to a Galaxy Series 3 Frontier, needed a watch and always been a bit apprehensive on taking a smartwatch but it looks nice and I think it's time I got with 21st century.

Soldato
I really like the look of the Falster 2. I've never owned a smart watch before and it's really tempting me. Well that and a Christopher Ward number :p

How good/bad is the battery on the Falster 2 though?

EDIT: And can you use it as a proper swimming watch? Will it count laps/strokes etc?

Soldato
Does anyone know of any sites and/or brands that sell replacement straps for the Galaxy Watch?

I'm after a couple of options, mainly a nice leather band for more formal occasions and a fabric option for more casual times. I know there's loads on Amazon but I find Amazon hit and miss because of all the cheap crap you have to sift through.

Soldato
I really like the look of the Falster 2. I've never owned a smart watch before and it's really tempting me. Well that and a Christopher Ward number :p

How good/bad is the battery on the Falster 2 though?

EDIT: And can you use it as a proper swimming watch? Will it count laps/strokes etc?

It's really a One Day max battery, of course that depends on usage. I find that fine is it's never really close to running out of battery by the end of the day.

Also have no desire to wear it to be so I take it off, sit to down on the charger and that's it.

I wish it had the newer processor inside it but it seems to an absolutely fine job in all honesty. The most appealing part to me with this one was the smaller frame that included NFC as a lot of the others are that bit bulkier to accommodate it.

Soldato
Can I ask why? Do you not charge your phone daily?

I get there are times you go away and it's easier not to have to take a charger, but if I'm taking it off and putting it on my desk, I may as well put it on the charging puck.

Associate
I'm really enjoying my Fossil Q gen 4, the skagen is made by the Fossil group too so if people are looking at that they should consider the Q explorist as well

I originally thought the daily charging would be a problem but it really isn't, I charge mine for an hour the night before and that easily sees me through the next day

I think Fossil/Skagen are by far the best looking smartwatches too

https://imggmi.com

Last edited:
Soldato
Can I ask why? Do you not charge your phone daily?

I get there are times you go away and it's easier not to have to take a charger, but if I'm taking it off and putting it on my desk, I may as well put it on the charging puck.
I don't actually now I've got the awesome Mi A2 Lite. It lasts about 3 days! I guess if there's a charging station you just put it on that'll be easier. I don't tend to leave plugs plugged in/left on so charging a phone is a case of finding charger, plugging it in, turning plug on etc. I'm a bit OCD/methodical about all that heh.

There's a Skagen store near me so perhaps I'll go and have a look.

Stupid question #3, is the watch only connected to your Google stuff via BT? Or if I wander out without my phone will I get alerts etc still?

Caporegime
This maybe of interest to you https://www.pocket-lint.com/smartwa...y-sport-gets-certified-february-launch-likely

But it only rumours at the moment..

So this acctually seems very interesting. It has everything I want, it's cheaper than the galaxy watch and it (imo) looks great.

Only problem for me is the battery life, hopefully a review this week on battery life and I'll put in an order. I can get 20% off it, and with the free battery pack. It makes it £180 and very appealing.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Does anyone have a FOSSIL Q Explorist HR 4th Gen here?

I've recently seen the blue with a tan strap version and am loving the looks! Worried about the apparent below average battery life though. It'll be a step down from the TWP wither way though tbh.

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/smart...h-blue-silver-leather-strap-10182696-pdt.html

Edit: Just seen @markomania posted above, for what ever reason the image isn't loading at work, probably blocked by the web filtering. @markomania what do you think on the Gen4, you like?

Ta.

Soldato
So this acctually seems very interesting. It has everything I want, it's cheaper than the galaxy watch and it (imo) looks great.

Only problem for me is the battery life, hopefully a review this week on battery life and I'll put in an order. I can get 20% off it, and with the free battery pack. It makes it £180 and very appealing.
I love the way this new Samsung active watch can be also charged wireless by a mobile phone...:)
But looks like it is only the new S10 mobile phones that can charge it this way..:(

Can be seen at 3 minutes 4 seconds here

Last edited:
Soldato
Does anyone have a FOSSIL Q Explorist HR 4th Gen here?

I've recently seen the blue with a tan strap version and am loving the looks! Worried about the apparent below average battery life though. It'll be a step down from the TWP wither way though tbh.

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/smart...h-blue-silver-leather-strap-10182696-pdt.html

Edit: Just seen @markomania posted above, for what ever reason the image isn't loading at work, probably blocked by the web filtering. @markomania what do you think on the Gen4, you like?

Ta.

I got the Gen 4 the other day from LHR T5 so a bit cheaper than currys.

Its definitely the most stylish of the digital watches Ive owned (Applewatch and Gear S3)

I charge my watch daily so its no big deal for me.
Infact yesterday as a trial I charged it to 100%, wore it around 10am, did all manner of chores and went out with my family, came back home, around 9pm im sat at around 60%, so I honestly dont know what the fuss is about the poor battery life on this thing.

Im trialing it again today, started at 10AM and see where I will end up come 9PM...

Despite having to get used to WearOS eventually, I do like this watch and will be keeping it.

Soldato
Hi guys. I bought something from Hong Kong and received a free gift of a smartwatch a few months ago. As they don't interest me it's taken till today to have a look at it. Basic box that just says smartwatch, and a basic user guide inside with some almost comprehensible instructions. It says it's a DZ09. I've just connected it to USB and had a quick look. Seems very nice, quite chunky in all black and gunmetal, a little tune as it turns on and responsive touchscreen. If I want to sell it on gumtree, would £10 be about right?

Soldato
Hi guys. I bought something from Hong Kong and received a free gift of a smartwatch a few months ago. As they don't interest me it's taken till today to have a look at it. Basic box that just says smartwatch, and a basic user guide inside with some almost comprehensible instructions. It says it's a DZ09. I've just connected it to USB and had a quick look. Seems very nice, quite chunky in all black and gunmetal, a little tune as it turns on and responsive touchscreen. If I want to sell it on gumtree, would £10 be about right?
A quick search you can find it for £6 from the Asian marketplace, so £10 might be too much. Maybe a fiver should do it?

Back
Top Bottom