Smartwatch Thread (news/apps/updates)

Associate
Tbh. as in most things in life. you kinda get what you pay for. I bought a cheap £60 smartwatch off the forest. and tbh as expected it wasn't great.
The best you could hope for is a smart band type one and the decent ones are over what you want to pay.

Might i suggest the second-hand market or perhaps Facebook marketplace etc. you might be able to get semi decent one for a lot less money?. Also what phone is it connecting to might be a factor.
I personally am not averse to 2nd hand, but in this situation I can't skimp out. We both know a 2nd hand Apple Watch would be a better fit for the receiver's iphone. But the scratches, marks or tatty box would send the wrong message. I deleted my FB, so unless you know another way, I can't see the marketplace. In the end, I settled for an Aswee for £24 after sales.

Soldato
Pujie Black watch face updated and now offers more flexibility in customisations. Unfortunately it seems Samsung removed the watch face from their Tizen app store so the new updated watch faces don't work on it. Luckily I had my preset saved so I can restore from that.

I've actually noticed Samsung removing a few apps from the Tizen app store over the past few months, it's getting worse. I know they moved to WearOS but still, what about us older users :(.

Soldato
Hi All

A friend at work is looking to get a smart watch below is his requirements
- Track steps
- Listen to music (without having his handset)
- Touch screen (but not essential)

I have had Garmin in the past but that was mainly for running, he has a Samsung S9 handset he was looking at the Polar Vantage M2 around the £170 - £200 mark

Any recommendations would be great?

Thanks!

Caporegime
Hi All

- Track steps

I have had Garmin in the past but that was mainly for running, he has a Samsung S9 handset he was looking at the Polar Vantage M2 around the £170 - £200 mark

Thanks!

Garmin 245/255 music? No touch screen, but touch screen is pointless anyway.

Permabanned
I have a cheap xaomi mi smart watch,£80, and it seems pretty good. Battery lasts about 2 weeks. I am not seeing what these "expensive" watches really bring to the table a lot of the time. :confused: Suppose everything it does is at a most basic level.....

Man of Honour
Hi All

- Track steps

Thanks!

Soldato
Anybody use Youtube music WITHOUT a subscription ??

I've got all my music uploaded to Google but Youtube on Wear OS is only showing the first 100 albums with no option to access any of the others.

I can access ALL my music on my phone or tablet just not my Ticwatch 3 Pro :(

Soldato
Can you use it to voice dial from your contacts list ?

1st off I've set mine to work via button press not always listening

Yes voice dial works well

Whapsapp works took me a few goes to get it to workout what phrase you have to say tho ... " whapspp (persons name)" then it will asks the message content .

Text message is a bit hit n miss as by default it doesn't use Samsung messages app.

Otherwise everything else works great .

Soldato
1st off I've set mine to work via button press not always listening

Yes voice dial works well

Whapsapp works took me a few goes to get it to workout what phrase you have to say tho ... " whapspp (persons name)" then it will asks the message content .

Text message is a bit hit n miss as by default it doesn't use Samsung messages app.

Otherwise everything else works great .

So they've fixed it , just not for anybody on Wear OS2 :(

I'm sick to death with "Sorry, I can't do that anymore" :mad:

Back
Top Bottom