Smartwatch Thread (news/apps/updates)

Associate
why is it so difficult to get a wireless charger for the galaxy watch 4?

really just want 1 charger for the watch and phone, but from what ive read its really difficult for the watch 4 unless offical samsung, and really dont want to pay that much loll

anyone else bought others?

Soldato
why is it so difficult to get a wireless charger for the galaxy watch 4?

really just want 1 charger for the watch and phone, but from what ive read its really difficult for the watch 4 unless offical samsung, and really dont want to pay that much loll

anyone else bought others?

The official dual charger are not that much more expensive compared to Anker. I paid the extra £5 just for the official.

Soldato
Really enjoying my Fenix 7X Solar Sapphire. It's a fair upgrade from my old Fenix 5.
It's larger, with a better screen, but also lighter with it's titanium case.
Performance is amazing as well, getting a solid 28+ days from the battery in smart watch mode, with 24/7 HR and overnight Pulse OX.
Done a few long walks and this is where it shines with plenty of battery for those 10+ hour walks.

Associate
Well, i have upgraded my watch.

Sorry upgrade is a bad term after being a Samsung ecosystem user for many years i have decided to try the apple ecosystem for a year. so i will be packing up my Samsung galaxy watch 4 classic ss lte back in its box. and going to an apple watch 7 ss lte.

Will be very interesting to see how i get on.

Tbh i only got an apple watch because you can't use the galaxy watch 4 classic with ios.

Wish me luck.

The only downside is my EE upgrade to an iPhone 13 pro max 1tb has a wait time of around 28 days. so i have a new watch sitting here in its new box.

Soldato
Does anyone know if the new Mi Band 6 NFC payments can work with an iPhone? I was going to upgrade my Mi Band 4 for it, but I'm now hopefully swapping to a work iPhone 13 shortly. Have read some conflicting info on whether or not Apple locks down NFC for payments? :confused:

Associate
Anyone got the Garmin venu 2? How do find it? Do you use the strength function, is it accurate? I know most other smart/fitness watches seem to struggling with most weight lifting exercises.

Man of Honour
Soldato
Hi guys,

I've had a few Fitbit's now and with my Ionic about to be recalled/refunded, see here, I'm in the market for a new replacement...

I need something with a good battery, I'm used to 4/5 days plus. Pay would be good? I'm an Android user so no Apple :p

I'm currently sizing up the Sense but I'm not keen on all the subscription based add-ons, if that's even an issue?

Thoughts?

Associate
Hi guys,

I've had a few Fitbit's now and with my Ionic about to be recalled/refunded, see here, I'm in the market for a new replacement...

I need something with a good battery, I'm used to 4/5 days plus. Pay would be good? I'm an Android user so no Apple :p

I'm currently sizing up the Sense but I'm not keen on all the subscription based add-ons, if that's even an issue?

Thoughts?

Snap, except mine was in the box ready to go on eBay as i sacked it off for a Garmin a few years back as I was fed up of it never syncing to the app, so that's a result for me! I went with the Garmin Vivosport as it fitted with my cycling gear better and kept it all on one platform. Works well and does the job as a watch / step tracker / strava device.

Associate
Can anyone recommend a smart watch at £30/40/50? It's for a teenager, so no need for high quality. But I don't want the usual tat that breaks 1 day after the 1 year warranty. So while I've been recommended SoundPeats, personal experience tells me not to buy from them.

They've only explicitly asked for blood oxygen sensing, but as an iPhone user, I suspect they want an apple watch clone. Are Huawei, Xiaomi and their satellites (Realme, Haylou) worth searching? they push it up to £50, along with Ticwatch, Oppo and Cubot. What about those no-name brands like Doogee, Aswee and Popglory that are £30 and less?

Associate
Can anyone recommend a smart watch at £30/40/50? It's for a teenager, so no need for high quality. But I don't want the usual tat that breaks 1 day after the 1 year warranty. So while I've been recommended SoundPeats, personal experience tells me not to buy from them.

They've only explicitly asked for blood oxygen sensing, but as an iPhone user, I suspect they want an apple watch clone. Are Huawei, Xiaomi and their satellites (Realme, Haylou) worth searching? they push it up to £50, along with Ticwatch, Oppo and Cubot. What about those no-name brands like Doogee, Aswee and Popglory that are £30 and less?

Tbh. as in most things in life. you kinda get what you pay for. I bought a cheap £60 smartwatch off the forest. and tbh as expected it wasn't great.
The best you could hope for is a smart band type one and the decent ones are over what you want to pay.

Might i suggest the second-hand market or perhaps Facebook marketplace etc. you might be able to get semi decent one for a lot less money?. Also what phone is it connecting to might be a factor.

Back
Top Bottom