Smartwatch Thread (news/apps/updates)

Soldato
Year or so on now but I'm still loving the huawei gt2 watch.

I know they have replaced it since but its still available to buy and cheaper now so I'd reccomend it all

Associate
Does anyone have the Huawei GT 3?

I have been looking for watch faces & finding it hard to find them other than the ones on the Huawei app.

The GT 2 faces don't work on GT 3.

Also, anyone have any idea if or when the reply to WhatsApp is coming to the GT 3?

Caporegime
Ticwatch Pro 3 users: does this watch still need a connected app to track sleep through Google Fit?

Or can it do it directly through Google Fit without a connected app?

I've disabled all the Mobvoi stuff as I don't use it.

I can't find a definitive answer anywhere.

Thanks.

Don
Does anyone have the Huawei GT 3?

I have been looking for watch faces & finding it hard to find them other than the ones on the Huawei app.

The GT 2 faces don't work on GT 3.

Also, anyone have any idea if or when the reply to WhatsApp is coming to the GT 3?

I just upgraded my original GT to the 3 and like you missing the faces. None of the ones installed I like at all. Did you find any work arounds, sounds like you need to change your region to India and it opens up the watch face shop but it didn’t work on IOS. I’m debating whether to seek a refund to be honest

Associate
just got given a watch 4 44m for xmas, but might swap it out for the cheaper non LTE /4g version.

what do you guys think? for resale in the future is better for the 4g or normal model

reaally like the look and feel of it, perviously had the sony smartwatch so this is a big change espeically for the health tracker and answering the talking on the watch

lets see what other features i can make use of

Soldato
just got given a watch 4 44m for xmas, but might swap it out for the cheaper non LTE /4g version.

what do you guys think? for resale in the future is better for the 4g or normal model

reaally like the look and feel of it, perviously had the sony smartwatch so this is a big change espeically for the health tracker and answering the talking on the watch

lets see what other features i can make use of

Trade in values are the same for LTE vs non LTE or maybe £10 difference on Samsung site at the moment . I traded my Galaxy 3 in for Watch 4 whe n it was released and it was same for value for either version.

Soldato
I just upgraded my original GT to the 3 and like you missing the faces. None of the ones installed I like at all. Did you find any work arounds, sounds like you need to change your region to India and it opens up the watch face shop but it didn’t work on IOS. I’m debating whether to seek a refund to be honest
I lost faces on the GT2 so I downloaded the Health app from Huawei app gallery instead of Play store and it's been fine ever since, maybe worth a try?

Edit: A large update came through this morning and the GT2 now has Petal maps. I haven't tried it yet and not sure how useful it'll be on a watch, but a cool feature nonetheless.:)

Last edited:

hux

hux

Soldato
Order cancelled yet?

Not yet, fingers crossed as I have a few bits coming from Amazon.
I'm hoping that if I don't collect, it'll go back and I'll get refunded.

I did however get a receipt from PayPal this morning.
Really hope I get this watch, as I'm fedup with my Huawei watch gt.

Associate
Not yet, fingers crossed as I have a few bits coming from Amazon.
I'm hoping that if I don't collect, it'll go back and I'll get refunded.

I did however get a receipt from PayPal this morning.
Really hope I get this watch, as I'm fedup with my Huawei watch gt.
Haha fingers crossed here too

hux

hux

Soldato
Haha fingers crossed here too

Well I was waiting on the Fenix 7 until this showed up.
I don't use my watch much, as it's the same route and no strava support sucks.
If the 7 doesn't offer much more, and this gets cancelled I'll go for the coros vertix 2 asap.

Least CES is just around the corner.

Associate
Well I was waiting on the Fenix 7 until this showed up.
I don't use my watch much, as it's the same route and no strava support sucks.
If the 7 doesn't offer much more, and this gets cancelled I'll go for the coros vertix 2 asap.

Least CES is just around the corner.
Sounds like a few have received despatch emails today, so looking good

hux

hux

Soldato
Sounds like a few have received despatch emails today, so looking good
Yeah I'm the same, watching hukd with baited breath.
Like they said, it was probably a few trolls looking to wind people up, and fair play they got a lot of bites.
Heard this watch is very popular with ultra runners, as the fenix 6 tends to have too many features.
Which suits me fine, as all I do is mostly hike and run.
Got a nice charging stand, screen protector and a dust cap for the charging port.

Associate
Is the TicWatch Pro still a good option for someone in the market for a new watch? Or are there new ones on the horizon?

The original Pro is very outdated at this point and I wouldn't recommend it anymore though ticwatch in general I've found to be really good. The Pro 3/Ultra have good reviews but I've not had any personal experience with them. They will be moving to WearOS 3 in the new year at some point though and I'd probably wait until that point comes. I have Galaxy Watch 4 and it's a brilliant piece of kit, used daily for fitness tracking and general payments, never failed once on me.

Don
The original Pro is very outdated at this point and I wouldn't recommend it anymore though ticwatch in general I've found to be really good. The Pro 3/Ultra have good reviews but I've not had any personal experience with them. They will be moving to WearOS 3 in the new year at some point though and I'd probably wait until that point comes. I have Galaxy Watch 4 and it's a brilliant piece of kit, used daily for fitness tracking and general payments, never failed once on me.

I'm assuming Galaxy can't be paired with IOS?

Back
Top Bottom