Smartwatch Thread (news/apps/updates)

Soldato
Yes it's often something relatively small laike poor battery performance or what happened in my pixel 2 XL. Because my son was using it while plugged in the heat killed the camera sensors and this is a relatively common problem apparently.

Other times it's really irritating things like poor quality ram in the original Nexus 7 which made it become almost unusable after a couple of years with extreme lag.

Man of Honour
I've wanted to upgrade to a S24 but just found out that my Galaxy Watch 3 is no longer supported by Samsung with their newer phones because they have abandoned Tizen. So now I'm thinking just going with a Huawei or some other brand. Don't really like the new designs coming out of Samsung, prefer my watch to look like a watch.

Soldato
I've wanted to upgrade to a S24 but just found out that my Galaxy Watch 3 is no longer supported by Samsung with their newer phones because they have abandoned Tizen. So now I'm thinking just going with a Huawei or some other brand. Don't really like the new designs coming out of Samsung, prefer my watch to look like a watch.
Isn't the watch 4 WearOS based? That has the classic watch look/bezel. Then there's the 6 classic, with the Bezel (I think the 5 series didn't have a rotating bezel).

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I've got Pixel 8 Pro but I dislike the look of the Pixel watch. Would one of the Samsung watches work perfectly okay? And would I lose many features does anyone know?
Yep. You lose things like BP monitoring and a couple of other Samsung phone specific things (although apparently can be sideloaded) but I've used my Galaxy watch 5 on my last couple of Pixel phones with no issue

Man of Honour
@Participant @Malevolence

Don't laugh but only found out something yesterday.
When I bought the watch back in Jan 2021 many people on forums were moaning that you couldn't take calls on it so it didn't bother me even though the alert comes on my watch if somebody rings, I just pick the phone up to answer.
Yesterday I was walking expecting a very important phone call and my watch alerted, so I touched the green button on it for the first time while I went for my phone but heard talking through the watch :eek:
I replied and was gobsmacked so since Jan 2021 I had no idea I could do this :)
I now have a problem of seeing no Contacts on my watch.

On another note my wife's Ticwatch C2 broke in the week and she says she's not paying that much for another one.
Yesterday we got this for £35 - https://www.argos.co.uk/product/3209561?clickSR=slp:term:reflex series 25:1:52:1
It does everything she needs such as step count, weather, alarms, social media alerts and she can make/receive calls through it.
Bloody amazing for that price.

Associate
I've just come home with a sealed Samsung Galaxy Watch6 44mm for £140, really liking it and it's connection to the S23U.
Just got one myself did try the 47mm classic but it felt a bit big even on my 8 inch wrist and so used to swiping the screen the bezel got in the way , 44mm is perfect.

Man of Honour
Just got one myself did try the 47mm classic but it felt a bit big even on my 8 inch wrist and so used to swiping the screen the bezel got in the way , 44mm is perfect.

I'm really happy with it.
I'm not going to claim it's way better than my Ticwatch Pro 3 GPS but I'm a lot happier.
There were things not working properly with the Ticwatch and this Watch6 was flawless on installation.

Man of Honour
I'm really happy with it.
I'm not going to claim it's way better than my Ticwatch Pro 3 GPS but I'm a lot happier.
There were things not working properly with the Ticwatch and this Watch6 was flawless on installation.
How's the battery life?

I'm just trying to decide which watch to get, thinking of the 6 Classic or the 5 Pro, plus some others but these 2 are at the top of my list currently.

Man of Honour
How's the battery life?

I'm just trying to decide which watch to get, thinking of the 6 Classic or the 5 Pro, plus some others but these 2 are at the top of my list currently.

I've got everything turned on, even Always On Display.
I've used it for Maps at least 5 times walking round Geordie Newcastle on a mini break.
Obviously read every Notification.
It's 23.14 and I'm on 60%, very impressed and it says 1d 16hrs left.

Man of Honour
I've got everything turned on, even Always On Display.
I've used it for Maps at least 5 times walking round Geordie Newcastle on a mini break.
Obviously read every Notification.
It's 23.14 and I'm on 60%, very impressed and it says 1d 16hrs left.
That's impressive, when you listen to the reviews on YT you'd think it will only last for 6hrs!!

Back
Top Bottom