Smartwatch Thread (news/apps/updates)

Associate
I've got the Sony Smart watch 3, but, was thinking of getting something else.

I was tempted by the 360 Sport but the reviews of it with Android Wear 2 on don't sound too promising.

Anyone else have any suggestions? Ideally I'd want something with built in GPS

Associate
I've got the Sony Smart watch 3, but, was thinking of getting something else.

I was tempted by the 360 Sport but the reviews of it with Android Wear 2 on don't sound too promising.

Anyone else have any suggestions? Ideally I'd want something with built in GPS

I've got the SW3 too. I'm keeping my eye open for other watches, but nothing really tempts me. The SW3 really hits a sweet spot for functionality. The price is (was) great too.

Soldato
Huawei W1 down to £159 for prime members!

Very tempted!

Where is the best place to get a new battery for my Moto 360 1st gen?

Its totally died now, get about 10-15 mins or if I try using it the thing just turns off.

This is the reason I am tempted. I have just received a replacement battery from eBay (seemed to a be an arm of Bowers and Wilkins) as my Moto360 was shutting off whenever I asked it to do something taxing. The process looks very easy to screw up, so I guess I should try today - if I mes up then buy the Huawei W1, if successful save my money :p

EDIT: Link to battery

Soldato
Just to update that I've successfully replaced my Moto 360 battery with the one I linked above. Was pretty easy once I removed the retain clips (so I didn't need to mess up the back which I got replaced under warranty). The battery is a little bit bigger physically than the OEM one, but It does fit with a squeeze. Slapped it on the charging dock and it sprang to life. Will carry on with this before considering a new smart watch.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
I desperately need a new watch since my second gear 2 neo strap has busted. Missing notifications left right and centre! I could buy a 3rd party strap, but its time for a new one. The contacts on the back have worn so badly that charging is hit and miss.

Not sure what to go for.

Soldato
Any Pebble users? Thinking of snapping up a Pebble2 HR since they're going cheap due to being sold off and all.
Want something to pair with my iPhone 6, track fitness stuff and have a decent battery.

Don
I would steer away from any Pebble gear completely. I recently ditched mine to buy a Gear S3. It might be cheap but for good reason, it won't receive support any more.

Associate
Hi all,

Can anyone recommend my wife a smartwatch, I haven't got a clue as I've never researched them as I've never felt I needed one, but she's been impressed with some of her work colleagues smartwatches and now wants one for her birthday.

All she has said to me is she wants notifications and the ability to reply/answer texts and phonecalls and that's pretty much it, she's also mentioned being able to use it as a contactless payment method if that's possible.

Budget is around £250 max. If it matters, her current phone is a Samsung S6 Edge and is likely to stick with Samsung phones.

Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom