Smartwatch Thread (news/apps/updates)

Soldato
Anyone managed to successfully setup their google account on the Huawei W1 and their Samsung s8 ??

tried most things now and it just stalls on the retrieving accounts screen.

Soldato
And it's managed to sync with the email accounts in the phone?

In mine everything works apart from that and the Google assistant as it wants to link with Google to do that
Only got my watch recently. Let me know how I can check and I'll give it a go!

I have held the button before and assistant pops up seemingly ready to listen... But I've always dismissed it before actually using it..

Will have a look at it later

Soldato
Only got my watch recently. Let me know how I can check and I'll give it a go!

I have held the button before and assistant pops up seemingly ready to listen... But I've always dismissed it before actually using it..

Will have a look at it later
On your phone go to android wear, then press the cog, top right.
The tap on the huwawi connected text.
Then tap accounts.

Mine just sits there spinning.

Soldato
On your phone go to android wear, then press the cog, top right.
The tap on the huwawi connected text.
Then tap accounts.

Mine just sits there spinning.
Sorry to say I can confirm mine works OK!

Span for maybe half a second, 1 second max, then shows my two google accounts listed (one checked, one unchecked)

Soldato
Hopefully you get it working! :)

Your watch on Wear 2.0? Not sure if that can make any difference or not though, no logical reason as to why it should.

Yep on wear 2, forced the update a few weeks back. Doesn't seem to be pulling any new watch faces either

Soldato
Yep on wear 2, forced the update a few weeks back. Doesn't seem to be pulling any new watch faces either
Hmm strange

Wonder if it is the watch or the phone at fault.

As mine was new (a day old) when I got the update, I did a factory reset after the 2.0 update so it was as close as possible to a 'fresh' install... Maybe worth trying that?

Soldato
Hmm strange

Wonder if it is the watch or the phone at fault.

As mine was new (a day old) when I got the update, I did a factory reset after the 2.0 update so it was as close as possible to a 'fresh' install... Maybe worth trying that?
Nope, did a factory reset on the s8 and the W1 then the first thing I did was pair the phone and just spins away on the accounts screen :(

Soldato
Next thing for me to try is reverting the watch back to 1.5 then let it update manually.

Came seen to find any instructions that work though :(

Soldato
Has anybody got a LG Style watch? im looking to pick up a smart watch and these seems to be a good place to start. Although i do prefer the look of the Moto360 but cant seem to find anywhere for sale that are Gen 2?

Soldato
I have to admit I really have enjoyed using my Withings Steel HR for the last month or so, the battery life is just fantastic and not having to think about charging is great! Really not missing the Android/Apple features etc and it does a decent job of Heart Rate tracking and looks so inconspicuous when on as it just resembles a normal watch :)

I did purchase the leather strap for it which I think is a must especially when wearing it out.

Back
Top Bottom