Smartwatch Thread (news/apps/updates)

Soldato
I've had my S3 Frontier for around 15 months now, and the battery has gone from four days to three if I'm lucky. It doesn't bother me too much as it's easy to top up (I keep the charger under my monitor), but it does mean that I am a little more wary when I'm away for the weekend.
Thanks for that. Thus far I'm very happy with the 4 days I've been getting as from reviews I had been expecting 2. I am very surprised at how Samsung have squeezed so much life out of a small battery on the device tbh. I also keep my charger under my PC monitor and have that hooked upto a monster battery pack. I am away for the weekend too so I'll see how I fare!

Soldato
Haters gonna hate, but I love this watch face

fu299k.jpg

Permabanned
The sleep tracker on the Huawei 2 is quite laughably poor. Seems quite off when it comes to tracking general sleep time and doesn't seem to recognise when I wake up at all.

This the same for every mid tier smartwatch that does sleep tracking?

Soldato
The sleep tracker on the Huawei 2 is quite laughably poor. Seems quite off when it comes to tracking general sleep time and doesn't seem to recognise when I wake up at all.

This the same for every mid tier smartwatch that does sleep tracking?

The thing is, google doesn't officially support sleep tracking so they have to come up with something themselves.

Soldato
My 40th coming up soon and I want a smart watch. I have android personal phone and iPhone work phone but prefer to be in the android space. All my music and apps are tied in with Google.

I play football and I go gym so I want something that will have inbuilt GPS, HRM on wrist, and waterproof so I can shower/swim with it on.

No idea on budget but probably no more than £300 what's the deal....?

Soldato
Soldato
The Ginjabread variant of that strap is on my wish list as I think it'll look good with the S3 Frontier. Haven't caved in yet!

I was looking at the gingerbread.....ordered the saddle, it's coming tomorrow so I'll post some pics

Although I also like the black, damn decisions, decisions.

Guess at £25 I could order one next month and then another the month after haha!

Soldato
Thanks for that. Thus far I'm very happy with the 4 days I've been getting as from reviews I had been expecting 2. I am very surprised at how Samsung have squeezed so much life out of a small battery on the device tbh. I also keep my charger under my PC monitor and have that hooked upto a monster battery pack. I am away for the weekend too so I'll see how I fare!
In all fairness, if I charge it right before I leave on a Friday afternoon, I'm usually OK until the Sunday night. I wasn't expecting this much from it.

Soldato
Folks, Ive got myself a Gear S3, but after looking at the Ticwatch 2, that has interested me.
I have a Oneplus5T and always wondered about non Samsung watches...

Should I stick with the S3 or consider the Ticwatch?

Back
Top Bottom