Smartwatch Thread (news/apps/updates)

Soldato
I really liked my GW3 - however I got sucked into the GW4 eventually - especially when you saw some of the trade-in prices and promotions at the time.
I went from a GW3 45 to my current GW4 Classic 46 for around £100.
No rotating bezel and GW5 is a no-buy for me. I'm not in a hurry to switch, still very happy with what I've got. I can only hope Samsung realise their mistake and reintroduce the bezel with the GW6.

Associate
Are people making too big a deal over the rotating crown?

I have a GW4 Classic & an Huawei Watch 3 & I don't miss the Rotating crown when I wear the Huawei.

Didn't Samsung remove it to make the GW5 Pro more durable & streamline?

Associate
Are people making too big a deal over the rotating crown?

I have a GW4 Classic & an Huawei Watch 3 & I don't miss the Rotating crown when I wear the Huawei.

Didn't Samsung remove it to make the GW5 Pro more durable & streamline?
No actually the rotating bezel adds a lvl of protection to the screen. There are a lot of rumblings about it not having the rotating bezel. but I remember the active 2 i had and going from the previous watch to the active 2 and tbh i never missed the rotating bezel.. the erm fake one was just as good once you get used to tit. I am just so glad i went to the apple ecosystem. the apple watch series 7 ss LTE is a far better watch(in my humble opinion).

nam

nam

Soldato
I have seen a few early reviews on YT the pro features at present don't really justify the price over the standard watch 5 features. I will be sticking to my classic 4 - 42mm until there are better upgrade offers and then consider the standard watch 5

Soldato
Was waiting for galaxy watch 5 but decided to just go for gamin fenix 7s.

Fairly happy with the purchase. Glad to have made the jump from mechanical watches to a smartwatch. Love the tap to pay and fitness tracking stuff. Battery that lasts a couple of days and solar charging just for a little extra. Quite a chunky boi even though it's the smallest size of this line.

Soldato
Sorry if this has already been asked.

I have Galaxy Watch Active2 that worked brilliantly with my Note 9 at the time. Unfortunately, my Note 9 died and I replaced it with a non Samsung Phone. Clearly lost the ECG and Blood Pressure feature (although you can enable it for non Samsung phones) but I just found the Samsung watch related app you install on the phone to be a laggy, unresponsive mess; that in turn impacted notifications etc coming through to the watch. So I just use the Active2 as a standalone right now.

I see the Galaxy Watch4 and announced Watch5 are running Wear OS and not Samsungs Tizen OS.

How are folks with a Watch4 paired with a non Samsung handset find the user experience?

Back
Top Bottom