SMP Guide

Soldato
not as pritty as previous but reads SO much better.

Whats with the big space under the banner? got something special up your sleave or just not got your frames orgainised ;)

Not sure on the colours either but fully works as a 'does what it says on the tin' FAQ site. Nice work SB, but your not going to win any design awards :p

Soldato
OP
I haven't perfected the design at all and it will take me a while before I am 100% happy.

I am going after the default Ubuntu theme and will change the colours once I am happy with layout etc.

Could I ask what browser you are using, as there shouldn't be any gaps [haven't fully tested myself yet]. I hope you are going to say IE!

Soldato
Yep IE 6 - and if going for the Ubuntu 'feel' lose the blue if possable, but you know all this - have a nice weekend away :D

untitled.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
The blue is left over from the last design. The current design was knocked up in about 15 minutes so it isn't perfect as you can see :)

As for the strange behavior, my only reply is use a better browser :p

*You have to get the site working in the real world first, then you have to go down to IEs level and hold its hand ;)

Man of Honour
Looks good, but IMHO if you want to stick to the Ubuntu colour scheme it would look better to use a white background with Headings and fonts in the Ubuntu colours rather than the solid colour schemes you currently use.

Just my 2c :)

Soldato
OP
The web page is very much a work in progress and all of the colours/fonts/etc are simply placeholders. The colours I have used aren't even Ubuntu colours, I just quickly chose similar ones to get an idea :)

I think it is more important for me to get the information up and currently the page is more than adequate.

Once I am happy all the important stuff is there I will work on the aesthetics.

Soldato
OP
Yeah it is an OpenOffice document [Open Office is FREE by the way :D]. There will be other versions but I don't see the point in trying to maintain different versions when changes/bugs are still being made/sorted.

uncle_fungus nice one on spreading the word :D

It might be prudent to add to your post that there may still be some errors in the guide [unless of course it passed your review :D]

Associate
Hmm, I am busy following the guide.

Can't get the client to start though, it justs tells me I have one core and it isn't going to run? I have a C2D?

Any ideas.

Soldato
OP
Ok a couple of things.

1: Is it a native Ubuntu install or VMWare?

If VMWare have you made sure to choose 2 processors in the setup.

2: If you installed the Folding client using finstall, did you make sure you used the "smp" flag

ie - ./finstall smp

Associate
WoZZeR said:
Wowsers, your knowledge is unlimited indeed!!:)

Yes, I made a booby and had allocated just one processor.:o

So for the umpteenth time, in goes the Ubuntu CD!!:D

You shouldn't need to do that, just turn off the virtual machine and then reconfigure it to use 2 cores. Restart the VM and all should be well.

Back
Top Bottom