1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snowrunner

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Soya, May 3, 2020.

1. Soya

Hitman

From the creators of Mudrunners:

I have been playing it since it's release and I just couldn't get into it for the first 4-5 hours, in fact, I often got frustrated by it and was close to not bother anymore. But once I got a few upgrade, better vehicles and got more experienced on how to drive these trucks, the frustrations turned into enjoyment. It one of the few games that got me really hooked, I feel its a really good balance between difficulty/frustration and rewards.

The biggest fun however is doing this online with friends, 4 player coop. Alas, cause it's on Epic most of the online friends I have won't get it, I did try public games and although a few have been really good, there are more and more people that simply grief (running amok, crashing into things, even a few people I caught using their winches to pull over trailers or objective making them near impossible to finish.

So I though of making a call out here to see if anyone with the game is interested in doing coop using OCUK discord to coordinate and have some fun with the game. Leave a comment here if you're interested.

Cheers.

PS. I couldn't find a thread on this game in the first 5 pages so I made one, if there's already one, happy to move this into that thread.

2. SkeeterUK

Capodecina

A friend plays it but i dunno seems more like a winching game as they just sink into stuff far too easily and too deep when some terrain doesnt look that bad but as you go on it it turns bad. Wouldnt mind a quick go on a demo but i wouldnt buy it.

3. the_munkeh

Gangster

So after ploughing a fair few hours in on this, it updated and lost all my progress! If anyone one else is playing could I pinch a copy of their savegame. I had explored the first two areas Michigan and the dam area. And completed a fair few missions. About 22 hours worth of effort :(

4. rich_h

Associate

Hi,

You're welcome to try this: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1VpPIsf3c2kyBrIOhl_e4RWx5uRUVA94l?usp=sharing

I'm at a similar stage to when you lost your save so hopefully you'll be able to get going again with minimal differences.

Hope it works, good luck!

R.

5. steve45

Mobster

Loving this at the moment. I had a lot of fun with Spintires and Mudrunner so knew what I was getting in to, and this seems a lot more fleshed out than previous attempts.

Multiplayer is still very buggy, but playable for the most part.

6. GTAMADDOG

Wise Guy

I've been enjoying this quite a bit for the past week. So far I've done all the tasks on Black River and I'm half way through Smithville Dam and I'm up to level 12. I did jump ahead a bit and go to Alaska for some scouting and found the Royal BM17 and despite no diff locks it has gone everywhere I've needed it to so far so time will tell if I have to get a different truck. Island Lake in Michigan seems particularly muddy after a scouting mission to that map so that will be a good test. Holding off going to Russia until I have at least done everything in Michigan and a bit in Alaska.

Haven't tried multiplayer yet and probably wont so can't comment on that. Overall just liking the chilled single player experience, the only annoyances so far are that some trucks have been particularly easy to tip over which can be annoying, the third person free look camera can be irritating and the quick winch doesn't like to hook you to the most obviously useful winch points.

Guess I'll back up my save tomorrow after reading the above.

7. Digital X

Sgarrista

Been playing since release, already knocked out a Hardcore Mod for it :) It's certainly a lot of fun but does need work.

If anyone wants their own personal modified vehicle let me know. I'll suit it to your liking.

8. Ninco!

Hitman

I have Mudrunner on Steam & Switch. For the latter, I yearned for a semi realistic sim as driving games are pretty sparse on the Switch - it runs really well handheld.

Just like Euro/American Truck sim, Mudrunner is addictive. Very tempted to pick up Snowrunner, particularly if its more fleshed out.

9. PinkFloyd

Capodecina

Totally hooked on this. Far more polished than Mudrunner was! Still fairly early game with tonnes of maps and vehicle unlocks ahead of me. Map design is far more interesting than the previous game, where you could just get away with driving the big trucks anywhere with no real reason for a scout bar a shortcut between some trees. There are some proper rock crawler style sections of map that require the ability to navigate through some tricky tight terrain and steep slopes, it's awesome!

Just got the raised suspension, massive mud tyres, upgraded engine, diff lock and low range gearbox all set up on the starter pickup truck - it's a beast now! So many upgrades to affect how the vehicles behave, then there are tonnes of vehicles available as you play through the game. Can't wait to get some of the bigger trucks!

10. Emlyn_Dewar

Capodecina

I was super happy when I got the Scout 800 on the first map, it seems like it can go anywhere.
    Great game, just wish it would come out on Steam.