• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

So, decided on a 3080? Which manufacturer and why?

Associate
Given the 3080 is said to be a 320W card I'm looking for one that exhausts air out of the case, on the assumption that will reduce case temps and thus fan speeds/noise overall.

So either the FE card or the EVGA Hybrid - subject to reviews of course.

Caporegime
Given the 3080 is said to be a 320W card I'm looking for one that exhausts air out of the case, on the assumption that will reduce case temps and thus fan speeds/noise overall.

so that will be £649 or £899 then ;)

Soldato
That is what made the blower style coolers so appealing back in the day. It prevented radiant heat from building up inside the case by blowing the air out the back of the case. At the cost of noise and efficiency.
Now we will definitely need to see reviews just to understand if we really need to maintain a negative or neutral pressure case or not.

Soldato
If (undecided yet) I get a 3080 and if (big if) it stays at £649 then I will be getting the Zotac Trinity if it's available to purchase.

Hard to beat the five years warranty and (IMO) it's one of the best looking AIO's, and I know first hand they are good quality cards.

If (when) the price goes up due to gouging, pound tanking, or a butterfly beating its wings too hard in the depths of the Amazon jungle, then I'm out.

Associate

Unless EVGA have improved the pump in their hybrid from the pump in the 2080 Super I had for 2 hours last year I wouldn't be rushing to buy one - it was rather noisy...

Soldato
That is what made the blower style coolers so appealing back in the day. It prevented radiant heat from building up inside the case by blowing the air out the back of the case. At the cost of noise and efficiency.
Now we will definitely need to see reviews just to understand if we really need to maintain a negative or neutral pressure case or not.

Negative normally for myself. But that was ontopnof buying custom filters for the dynamic case coming in at £70...

Soldato
Was pretty good for the 1080ti iirc but that had a few days preorder so it turned up on release day. I may pick up a launch 3080 if there's a model that will fit in current build. Can currently only accomodate a card length of ~268mm max without serious effort.

If not I may as well wait until I redo the waterloop for Zen3.

Associate
I’m thinking going FE for the first time as prices seem to be hiking up Over MRRP every day. Like most, eagerly awaiting the reviews on the FE this coming Wednesday.

I’m coming from gigabyte gaming OC 2080.

144hz @ 1440 With all the lovelies set to max is what I’m after.

Associate
Still cant make up my mind between the Zotac or FE for 3080. I have an NZXT S340 Elite case so I dont think the Zotac will fit in it. On the other hand the FE will exhaust all heat onto my CPU cooler.

Associate
The one with the best warranty or RMA. Based on what has been mentioned on this forum, it appears Gigabyte and Zotac have good customer support. Avoiding ASUS due to various horror stories. Avoiding EVGA due to lack of UK base, although I've always been partial to them. I've never had an issue with any of their products.

Back
Top Bottom