So err, What’s Happened to the Princess of Wales?

Soldato
History is littered with people that put their own wellbeing behind that of the greater good, let’s not pretend this is some sort of radical concept.

Whether it would be symbolic or not we’ll never know but the mere fact she has cancer will lead to more people seeking tests and diagnosis - her influence is huge.
QED the front of The Sun and Mirror this morning - unfortunately the NHS continues to miss its cancer care targets due to chronic underfunding and staffing issues with no sign of either improving since this came to light a couple of years ago.
You have done a very good job of dodging the question.

The scenarios you are talking about aren't people being ill and then intentionally chosing a lower quality of health care in the pursuit of making a statement. So it is not comparable.
No, you’re asking me to provide a direct comparable to an incredibly specific scenario rather than using some imagination as to how it’s no different to the hundreds of people who have put themselves in harm’s way for the greater good.

Soldato
No, you’re asking me to provide a direct comparable to an incredibly specific scenario rather than using some imagination as to how it’s no different to the hundreds of people who have put themselves in harm’s way for the greater good.
Actually I was asking if you would personally do what you are chastising the princess of wales for not doing.

Though I acknowledge I was very broad with my description in the original response.

Soldato
Actually I was asking if you would personally do what you are chastising the princess of wales for not doing.

Though I acknowledge I was very broad with my description in the original response.
Yes I would, because I feel it would make a tangible difference to the lives of other people directly or indirectly impacted by cancer by bringing the issue of NHS funding front and centre and force the government to act.

For context, I come from a family of medics who have all consciously turned down the private dollar in order to focus on NHS practice - in the 90s my Dad turned down a genuinely life changing sum of money for some software he had developed through his research in his particular field and gave away the source code so it would benefit as many people as possible. I'm incredibly proud of that.

Associate
It seems to me the Royals don't like to reveal the info about their illnesses - does anyone know what the Queen died from? Afaik neither Charles or Kate have revealed details of their cancers. I know just knowing they have cancer gets cancer talked about, which is good, it makes people more aware, but even better imo is to say 'yeh I have ____ cancer' because this then focuses on specific cancer types, symptoms etc, for people to be aware of.

Deleted member 266365

D

Deleted member 266365

"What’s Happened to the Princess of Wales?"

Who ******* cares?

Man of Honour
Quite a few people clearly...hence this thread and it being all over the news on a regular basis?

I imagine her friends and family also care.

I've always said there should be suspensions for people that seek out threads just to type "Who cares".
Probably 99.9% of the threads started on OCUK I don't care about but I just keep out of them.

Soldato
I've always said there should be suspensions for people that seek out threads just to type "Who cares".
Probably 99.9% of the threads started on OCUK I don't care about but I just keep out of them.
It's probably reasonably healthy for an outsider to occasionally throw in a 'why on earth do you care so much' to the echo chambers of long thread topics.

We might not have interest in everything, but it's pretty baffling to see some of the threads that keep receiving posts.

For me, I don't care much about the royals at all, but them being incredibly weird is entertaining, so this Kate stuff has been somewhat fun to hear about. The photo shopping and conspiracy theories, I mean, rather than the actual cancer.

Associate
Ive done almost 24 years in the Armed Forces, and myself and probably most of the people I’ve worked with are not royalists and would not care if we suddenly became a republic, but they really don’t have any effect on my day to day job apart from increasing the size of my medal collection every now and then, so I just accept it of part of British history that won’t be going away any time soon regardless of what anything thinks of it.

They’re also human just like the rest of us.

Apart from Andrew, who was clearly a lizard in disguise.

Deleted member 266365

D

Deleted member 266365

You're in this thread and you have replied so obviously you do or you're just trolling :)
I couldn't give a crap about her other than as a human being. It's 2024. Get up off your knees and stop putting people on pedestals!

Back
Top Bottom