So err, What’s Happened to the Princess of Wales?

Soldato
And possibly leave your kids parentless.....

And death..

Ok, easy to take moral stances like this without death knocking for you I guess.
Do you seriously think the government would stand by and let the future Queen wait weeks for treatment? I think we’d suddenly see a lot of money found for cancer treatment funding and a commitment to improve things for all patients.

It would cause a political storm so it would never happen sadly but strikes me as the sort of thing a forward thinking monarchy might do to benefit their subjects.

Soldato
Unfortunately for my family we are going through very similar to what Kate is. Due to that though I can feedback on the NHS. My wife went into hospital on 3rd March. After many tests a 'mass' was found in her bowel. On March 17th the mass was removed from her bowel. We're still waiting to hear the results for the biopsy of what they removed. The first biopsy taken during the colonoscopy when they found the mass came back as pre-cancerous cells. Docs voice they still think it is cancer but we've everything crossed it isn't. I don't know if that time frame for things to happen is quick for the NHS or not, however I suspect if private things would have moved quicker by maybe a week at best? My wife is only 43, how life can change in a blink of an eye. We also have young children, a 4yo and a 6yo. My head was a complete mess for a while. It's better now but a dark cloud is still looming over me a bit.

Those who have concerns just go buy yourself a FIT bowel health test kit. You can pick up SelfCheck ones for around £10. I read that doing two of these (two different stool samples) gives a 97% accurate reading. That's better than waiting until 55 when the NHS start there checks. As said by someone else, it is very hard to get checks if you don't meet specific requirements. I took my wife to the docs, after the event which eventually lead me taking her to A&E, and they said because there was no blood in either vomit or stool the wait for checks like CT scan / colonoscopy would be several weeks. Two days later A&E got on things for us.

Kind of wish I'd not read some of the things in this thread too as I've had lower back pain for some time now and with my current mindset reading that this can be cancer has set me into overthink mode. Fun :rolleyes:
Thoughts are with you. That’s a horrible situation. I’ve no doubt you are being a huge support to your family but take care of yourself too.

Soldato
Do you seriously think the government would stand by and let the future Queen wait weeks for treatment? I think we’d suddenly see a lot of money found for cancer treatment funding and a commitment to improve things for all patients.

It would cause a political storm so it would never happen sadly but strikes me as the sort of thing a forward thinking monarchy might do to benefit their subjects.

Not sure what any of that has to do with what I said.

Associate
Unfortunately for my family we are going through very similar to what Kate is. Due to that though I can feedback on the NHS. My wife went into hospital on 3rd March. After many tests a 'mass' was found in her bowel. On March 17th the mass was removed from her bowel. We're still waiting to hear the results for the biopsy of what they removed. The first biopsy taken during the colonoscopy when they found the mass came back as pre-cancerous cells. Docs voice they still think it is cancer but we've everything crossed it isn't. I don't know if that time frame for things to happen is quick for the NHS or not, however I suspect if private things would have moved quicker by maybe a week at best? My wife is only 43, how life can change in a blink of an eye. We also have young children, a 4yo and a 6yo. My head was a complete mess for a while. It's better now but a dark cloud is still looming over me a bit.

Those who have concerns just go buy yourself a FIT bowel health test kit. You can pick up SelfCheck ones for around £10. I read that doing two of these (two different stool samples) gives a 97% accurate reading. That's better than waiting until 55 when the NHS start there checks. As said by someone else, it is very hard to get checks if you don't meet specific requirements. I took my wife to the docs, after the event which eventually lead me taking her to A&E, and they said because there was no blood in either vomit or stool the wait for checks like CT scan / colonoscopy would be several weeks. Two days later A&E got on things for us.

Kind of wish I'd not read some of the things in this thread too as I've had lower back pain for some time now and with my current mindset reading that this can be cancer has set me into overthink mode. Fun :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear that, hope it all turns out ok for you. If it's any help we're going through a similar thing with my dad, and the timelines you've stated there sound similar to what we experienced pre formal diagnosis. Hopefully not, but if it does turn out to be bad news bowel cancer UK ([link]) is a great resource and there's an amazing community full of very knowledgeable people on there who have a lot of valuable personal experience.

Soldato
My point is Kate opting for public or private treatment would make zero difference to her actual health outcome but would make a powerful point in support of the NHS. Not sure if you’re being deliberately obtuse/difficult.

But having been in a ward following an operation and with the patient in the bed opposite suffering from dementia and loudly demanding a cup of tea every few minutes throughout a very long night, I am sure that she would make the right decision given the opportunity.

Soldato
My point is Kate opting for public or private treatment would make zero difference to her actual health outcome but would make a powerful point in support of the NHS. Not sure if you’re being deliberately obtuse/difficult.

She's getting the best care she can to avoid death in her view, sod morals she has children.

Easy to preach when you don't have death hanging over you.

Last edited:
Soldato
Would you gamble your life just to make a statement of support, that would be a symbolic gesture and wouldnt make a lick of difference in practise?

Last edited:
Soldato
Being anywhere has a security bill which will eclipse any healthcare bill.

It's poor taste and bad judgement for someone with so much money and responsibilities and baggage to be cheap and disruptive in getting healthcare.

Soldato
Would you gamble your life just to make a statement of support, that would be a symbolic gesture and wouldnt make a lick of difference in practise?
History is littered with people that put their own wellbeing behind that of the greater good, let’s not pretend this is some sort of radical concept.

Whether it would be symbolic or not we’ll never know but the mere fact she has cancer will lead to more people seeking tests and diagnosis - her influence is huge.

Soldato
Right so the sun and sky news have spies from china, russia and iran working for them do they? and nobody between the journalist to the producers said anything?

Sky news was one of the worst for it

Soldato
Right so the sun and sky news have spies from china, russia and iran working for them do they? and nobody between the journalist to the producers said anything?

Sky news was one of the worst for it
The Royal Family are infiiltrated with spies, the doctored photo came from the official RF channels, so whoever doctored the image and sent it in, is the spy, should be a clear cut case

Soldato
History is littered with people that put their own wellbeing behind that of the greater good, let’s not pretend this is some sort of radical concept.

Whether it would be symbolic or not we’ll never know but the mere fact she has cancer will lead to more people seeking tests and diagnosis - her influence is huge.
You have done a very good job of dodging the question.

The scenarios you are talking about aren't people being ill and then intentionally chosing a lower quality of health care in the pursuit of making a statement. So it is not comparable.

Back
Top Bottom