So I've been posting on these forums for 10 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think I registered in 2000 or 1999, probably 2000. The 1.1GHz T'bird was zomg awesome... with a GlobalWin FOP38, completely with stupidly loud delta fan stuck on top.
God I hated that thing.

December '99 was when I first joined (I think) but I can barely remember anything about the forums other than I got a lot of good advice on how to put together my Juno P6 case with Athlon Slot A processor (550MHz overclocked to 850MHz). My Pioneer slot-loading 16x region free DVD-ROM was faulty and I had to send it back via Spie himself.

I have actually been using forums from April 2002 using a family members account, however I joined properly with my own account in 2004 :)

Computer hardware.
The "must have" CPU of the day was the AMD 1.4GHz "Thunderbird".
Coupled with 512MB of RAM - an amount considered more than ample! - and a GFX card such as a GeForce4 Ti4400 and you were considered to own a machine of pwnage!
If you owned a TFT you were considered pretentious, and extravagant. :)

Oh how I remember thinking how cool I was when I bought my "Thunderbird" from OcUK all those years ago.

:D

I also remember being pleased as punch with my 512k connection from NTL. Roll forward to 2011, I have a 50Mb Virgin connection, how times have changed.

I also remember gaming on UT, Quake 3 (with people from the Quake3Arena website) and making the move to CS.

I also remember the uproar when Steam launched.

Last edited:
probably about the first time i lurked on here i remember my first order from ocuk was
amd xp 1800
some motherboard from a manufacturer nolonger around who i cant remember, not abit someone else)
ATI 8500 GPU

all of which came out around the end of 2001 aparently , i know i started browsing the internet in i believe 1998 halflife generations with the free tshirt was one of my first pc game puchases i think CS was only around versions 1.1 then

juno_p4.jpg

I had this case too, with 6 fans.

Lol.

In fact it is still at my mums house, along with P4 processor, ABIT motherboard, 512MB RAM, ordered from OcUK after my AMD build.

:D :D

Ah those good old days. Never heard of OCUK then. :p

I wish I could remember my steam account from those times. :(

Yea my first order from Overclockers was back around 1999/2000 time never botherd with the forum though as at the time I was already on 3 or 4 other forums plus used to be hitting IRC chat & ICQ chat a lot back then and yes was on my second home PC build I remember it's was:

The Athlon 1Ghz "Axia" Chip that was cheaper than the 1400Mhz version and was fully unlocked and could be overclocked and run safe at 1400Mhz easy - Cost about £105

ABIT Motherboard £95
Geforce 32Mb VGA can't remenber the model but it was an ASUS cost me £165 ish
Sound Blaster Live 5.1 (before the Audigy Versions Came out)
Think I was pushing 512Mb Ram later upgraded to a 1Gb
Ran 2x 20Gb IDE HD's in a RAID 0 & a 40Gb Spare IBM drive for Data
Ran Windows ME i got free from a Microsoft convension i'd been on until XP came out

I had a Creative labs 5x DVD Drive with Hardware Decoder Card - Before DVD's could be played on PC's with just software.....LOL it had a RS232 infa red port with remote control
(I reused this from my old system a PII 400Mhz, 256Mb, 8Gb HD) as it was awsome LOL

The most expencive thing I bought too was at the time the worlds best CD-RW the Yamaha 4x4x24 IDE Drive Cost £185 for an OEM version the retail version was priced at £240 this was at the time when CD Burning was an art form and copying PC games, Playstaion Games was huge it was one of the first drives to support 80Min CD-R's and you could copy Half life on it. as Half Life was released on a 80Min CD as it was 678Mb ish and the usual 650Mb disks could not hold it....

This was the peak of my game cracking days, i used to take pride in software being releashed saying it was uncopyable with the current protection etc... I spent hours finding ways to do it on this Drive...... also Game coding back then was easier to break.
Was a member of a well known games forum that offerd game cracks that called them "PC fixes" and still does. I uploaded loads of my own workarounds and "PC Fixes" LOL on there as part of a well known software cracking team.

Oh yea then Met a girl and gave it all up......
Never botherd with internet forums since then until recently when I joined you guys on here as I was building a nice gaming rig last Xmas and needed your help...

Wow how time goes by.... and how things change....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom