So I've been posting on these forums for 10 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I wish I'd known about this place then :p I didn't come to this site until 2005, and it wasn't until 2008 I realised there was a forum!
I remember the first time I found the well hidden forum link. It was like I'd just stepped into the wardrobe.

Still took me a good few months to sign up for an account to post the ubiquitous "help, how do I???" first thread.

Soldato
Some graphics cards were just as expensive then as they are now.

I know, but if you look at what graphics cards can do now, and what they were like back then, you can see how much technology has advanced.

PC hardware was still much more expensive back then to what it is now.

Permabanned
I stalked the old board like a bad smell!

Loved the old SC with the posters long gone, try as I might I'd always get argumentativley skewered to the wall. Was only 15-16 mind you. :p

Associate
2003 for me, think i joined when i got my 1st Pentium 4 2.4GHz "NORTHWOOD" with HYPERTHREADING
didn't understand why my purple shirt pc was so crap it had 512Mb ddr and a mx440 lol

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I get really hazy about when I joined... It was pre-nuke, and I seem to think I had been around for a while before, do I correctly recall a nuke previous to the 2002 one too?

The Big Hack. A few months earlier IIRC. I've been here since around August 2000, and I remember at least two occasions when the post counts got reset.

M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom