So Ive been scammed on Gumtree... what are my options?

I'm pretty confident i can find out a lot about him if you trust me that number.

I'm pretty good at this and have had to do it before actually :)
In 2014 people have literally no idea how easy it is to get this stuff.

Chuck me the ad as well

So if the guy says they are still available, and you have his number, why not go to the police about it and arrange a sting? All they'd need to do is offer him over the odds for the tables but cash only, then show up and the rozzers can spring him.

Also chuck me your credit and debit card details, including security codes. Actually just post them to me and enclose a bit of paper with the pins written on.

I'll make them scam proof and send them back to you. :p

Just spoke to him. He says they're still available for sale. I asked where he is so I could come and collect them, to which he replied that he was driving and will call me back.

Sorry broski, you been done.

Should arrange a collection then the OCUK posse should turn up with baseball bats. You don't mess with OCUK. :p

So if the guy says they are still available, and you have his number, why not go to the police about it and arrange a sting? All they'd need to do is offer him over the odds for the tables but cash only, then show up and the rozzers can spring him.

Because if you ask for a meet up hes just going to say "i'll call you back" and block your number.

He has no item to sell capish?

Chuck me the number and advert :)

Or just post his phone number so we can ddos his mobile with turn table enquires.

Should arrange a collection then the OCUK posse should turn up with baseball bats. You don't mess with OCUK. :p

Just have to pay to get 8pac and freefaller round there, who needs baseball bats :D.

I understand that. But what would stop someone hypothetically calling the bank and saying they had lost said card and that they want to cancel it/check if there had been any unauthorized use?

Nothing stopping them though someone contemplating this would have to be a complete retard, aside from it being a balance transfer rather than a card payment they're also dumb enough to think it's OK as a victim of fraud/their own stupidity to then defraud someone else (the bank).

Because if you ask for a meet up hes just going to say "i'll call you back" and block your number.

He has no item to sell capish?

Chuck me the number and advert :)

That's not necessarily true. He might actually have them, have used real photos of them in the ad, then simply won't let go of them, trying to bank as much cash as possible in the process. If you offer him enough he might actually be willing to part with them. Who knows... he's obviously a greedy SOB so why not offer 800 or something and see if he goes for it? Otherwise what are you going to do, beat him up in front of his girlfriend?

Back
Top Bottom