So, the Championship season has started **Spoilers**

Don
When they scored I thought instantly "Oh well, that's that then...". Very pleased to see us finally show some fight after going behind, but after we scored the second I thought we were fortunate to hold onto it.

Agree with Lasogga, not quite strong enough, and for a big man he gets dispossessed far too easy.

On the signings front, it all depends on whether the owner can afford to go 'all-in' this season. In a perfect world we need a winger, striker and left back.

Rumour has it Clayton is on his way back - not sure what type of reaction he'll get from the fans!? He normally gets a ton of stick.

Bro in law told me about the Clayton rumour, I'd eat my hat if that happened. Not only did he burn his bridges being a **** with the fans, but also Boro wouldn't sell to a rival and he'd cost in essence of 4m. Plus we have arguably more rounded players in O'Kane/Ronaldo Vieira/Phillips.

I'd have him back but there are better positions to improve, imagine if we lost Hernandez and Saiz at the same time!

Associate
Bro in law told me about the Clayton rumour, I'd eat my hat if that happened. Not only did he burn his bridges being a **** with the fans, but also Boro wouldn't sell to a rival and he'd cost in essence of 4m. Plus we have arguably more rounded players in O'Kane/Ronaldo Vieira/Phillips.

It would be a strange one, can't see it happening unless there's plans to offload someone?

imagine if we lost Hernandez and Saiz at the same time!

Don't... I think I'd cry :p

Soldato
Another good win for the bees today, that's 2 defeats in 17 games for us. We took 4 points from our opening 8 games but we ridiculously unlucky - xG had us in 6th after 8 games rather than in the relegation zone. Since then we've been on almost automatic promotion form.

We've got Marcondes joining on a free from FCN in Denmark - the only player in the history of the division to have hit double figures in both goals and assists by the mid-point of the season. Judge and McLeod back in the squad following lengthy layoffs, and first choice defenders to come back into the side. If we manage to keep our squad fit then we might be able to push for the playoffs.

Got tricky games against Wednesday and away at Wolves to negotiate next.

Soldato
Well that's embarrassing from us lot, After having so many good things said about us in the first part of the season, we start 2018 with a 5-0 loss :eek::(
I think it was on the cards, with the injuries city are stretched too thin, I'm hoping they put the kids out for the Watford game and give em rest, they have had a bit of a grueling month

Soldato
Well that's embarrassing from us lot, After having so many good things said about us in the first part of the season, we start 2018 with a 5-0 loss :eek::(

48 hour turnaround after a game the magnitude of Wolves and I'm not hugely surprised. A little, given Villa's form!

Was always a really tough month so hopefully they can dig deep for Watford, Man City (twice) and Derby. Not going to be easy and I'd rather they sacrificed the cups to ensure a win at Derby.

Associate
One for the Leeds fans:

Has anyone been on the stadium tour, planning on coming up for the Millwall game and maybe the tour in the morning (latest is 10am).

I've done Wembley and Chelsea tours - just wondered if it'll be worth getting up at 5am or not?

Thanks.

Soldato
OP
As a Forest fan I'm extremely excited about the season ahead, we appear to have bought well, bought some exciting young talent and off loaded a few average players on big wages.

Still concerned about our ownership situation, I hope our off field problems don't scupper things, and I hope Pearce doesn't sully his reputation at the club where he is still a folk hero.

As usual i haven't got a clue who's going to do what this year, it's always tough to call, but quietly optimistic about our chances of promotion if we don't suffer the same bad luck with injuries as last year.

I can't believe it's 3.5 years since I started this thread and all my fears came true and then some.

Even with a change of ownership we're still a shambles and are now being linked with yet another ex playing hero in Nigel Clough so he can ruin his reputation by managing us.

Back
Top Bottom