So this Pokemon Go fad thing ..............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Honestly Im praying for an immaculate conception at this point...

Well that or I really should warn that nursery about that Church...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Shame you're in Luton, I know a place in Pompey that has both next to each other, and yes... it's a POKESTOP!:eek::cool: In fact, some people should tell the developer to check out crime hotspots in major cities, really now -- they ain't Pallet Town, and there's more than Pokemon that lurks in the tall grass.

OK seems my other nearest pokestop is a Church - great...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Yeah, saw that on the Beeb earlier - turning churches into 'Pokéstops' / 'gyms'. I don't approve of it as they're using Pokémon as a powerful tool to draw children to the Christian faith. Bit like some cinemas showing religious ads on Star Wars screenings last year. Again, Star Wars being used a as tool/vehicle.

Man of Honour
Another mass crazy I don't understand, looks pointless. Espefisly as I understand it you don't do anything with them other than collect.

Soldato
Yeah, saw that on the Beeb earlier - turning churches into 'Pokéstops' / 'gyms'. I don't approve of it as they're using Pokémon as a powerful tool to draw children to the Christian faith. Bit like some cinemas showing religious ads on Star Wars screenings. Again, Star Wars being used a as tool/vehicle.

Better hope they have the lenient Anglican take on idolatry. :p In the States they used to link D&D with demon summoning, from what I recall. Bible-belt-style!

You can battle them at gyms and stuff.

Sounds like Freefaller's regular night out. :p

Soldato
Soldato
Another mass crazy I don't understand, looks pointless. Espefisly as I understand it you don't do anything with them other than collect.

It seems to be like most games that grab a lot of attention these days.

Like when flappy birds was a thing, or when you couldn't move for angry birds themed laxatives at the super market.

Soldato
Yeah, saw that on the Beeb earlier - turning churches into 'Pokéstops' / 'gyms'. I don't approve of it as they're using Pokémon as a powerful tool to draw children to the Christian faith. Bit like some cinemas showing religious ads on Star Wars screenings last year. Again, Star Wars being used a as tool/vehicle.

I think that's misleading, I don't think anywhere has been able to voluntarily designate itself a pokestop or a gym yet, it either is or isn't and is determined by its status in ingress, some of which was developer designated, some user suggestion.

They may well be trying to use it as an opportunity if they are one but so are many non religious landmarks too I expect.

Associate
Very clever idea, it takes our inner desire to seek treasure and OCD tendency of collecting and makes an app of it.

I can imagine when VR becomes more mainstream that inventions like Google glass will make this sort of game amazing. A global scavenger hunt without having to look at your phone to walk with special events on holidays and such.

Exciting times.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom