So, this post office palaver then

This is about as breathtakingly stupid a take as the morons who tried to link him to Jimmy Saville.

Seriously, just stop with this silliness, it makes you look utterly ridiculous and totally unhinged to anyone even remotely rational.

The CPS itself isn't to blame, the individual prosecutors aren't to blame, and sure as hell Kier Starmer isn't blame.

The job of the CPS is to handle the prosecution of criminal cases that have been investigated by the police or other investigative units in the UK; in this case, the Post Office.

These investigative units pass on evidence to the CPS and the CPS then performs the prosecution, based entirely upon that evidence.

What you're bizarrely expecting, is an apology from Starmer that amounts to an apology for everyone under his remit doing their job properly.

"I'm very sorry that the Post Office, which I am not in charge of, failed to perform a thorough investigation and in fact appear to have withheld evidence from the us, the CPS.

I am also very sorry that my prosecutors did their job properly and prosecuted based up the evidence provided by the Post Office.

Next up, I am very sorry that I did not randomly wade into to a case being handled by some of our CPS prosecutors, and overrule them, when I had no known reason to.

Finally I am also very sorry that I did not have a magic crystal ball to tell me that the Post Office were involved in a coverup and attempting to avoid justice."

It's almost as if you're hoping that the British public are thick enough to not have any understanding whatsoever regarding the very basics of how our institutions operate.

He denied that he was in charge at the time - why if its irrelevant? All whilst virtue signalling about how terrible the scandal is.

He then failed to mention probably one of the bigger issues in the news at the moment at PMQ's yesterday - why unless it was because he knew it reflected badly on him.

His part in this is relatively small and becoming a disrtraction in this thread but he was DPP and wants to be PM so we should ALL expect better..

His part in this is relatively small and becoming a disrtraction in this thread but he was DPP and wants to be PM so we should ALL expect better..

No, what you're expecting is utterly insane, and it amounts to a complete detachment from reality.

it doesn't preclude him apologising for the CPS's part.

The part that was handled properly you mean?

You do understand what an investigative unit withholding and covering up evidence means right? And you understand what the job of the CPS is by now too right?

Last edited:
I’m just finding out about this through this thread and I’m shocked. Going to have to do some digging myself and watch this series.
Worth watching this first, I think they are the ones that really exposed it for what was happening.

Lol all those grand-standing lectures about leaders taking accountability that Starmer dribbled out in the HoC and it turns out that proles aren't really interested in apologies anyway..

Anyway hopefully ALL of those at fault will be held accountable eventually..

Last edited:
Just watching some of the inquiry and one of the lead investigators for the post office was signing documents drafted by PR twonks and lawyers as his own words, and is being very weaselly about how he was only ever referring to "that particular post office" whenever he said "you're the only person this has happened to".

He's coming across more and more like a bad 70's cop, the sort that would pull a mentally handicapped kid into a store room to interrogate them for a couple of days without any representative until they had got them to confess to something they couldn't' possibly have done, and knew the kid hadn't done.

It’s actually one of the few issues that has complete census across the house. Zero point attacking rishi at pm questions on this matter. The party that have been hit hardest in all of this is the Lib Dem’s.

Lol all those grand-standing lectures about leaders taking accountability that Starmer dribbled out in the HoC and it turns out that proles aren't really interested in apologies anyway..

Anyway hopefully ALL of those at fault will be held accountable eventually..
Leaders take accountability when they've made mistakes, or been in charge of things where their staff have made mistakes.

You're trying to say that he should apologies for the fact the CPS did their job properly, but were lied to by the investigators who had nothing to do with the CPS.

Just watching some of the inquiry and one of the lead investigators for the post office was signing documents drafted by PR twonks and lawyers as his own words, and is being very weaselly about how he was only ever referring to "that particular post office" whenever he said "you're the only person this has happened to".

He's coming across more and more like a bad 70's cop, the sort that would pull a mentally handicapped kid into a store room to interrogate them for a couple of days without any representative until they had got them to confess to something they couldn't' possibly have done, and knew the kid hadn't done.
Definitely weaselly. Of course he's the only post master that has been affected in his one post office branch. What a pathetic excuse by them.

Actually didn't realise but seems Panorama have been on to them before that, this was from about 2015

I’m watching the first one now, couldn’t wait. I’ll watch this one after.

It’s insane. Those at the top should be jailed.

Leaders take accountability when they've made mistakes, or been in charge of things where their staff have made mistakes.

You're trying to say that he should apologies for the fact the CPS did their job properly, but were lied to by the investigators who had nothing to do with the CPS.

They must have been convinced by the evidence. The CPS are renowned for kicking out unwinnable cases put to them by the police.

Back
Top Bottom