So, this post office palaver then

So because Boris didn't apologise quick enough for you then Starmer can meet the same, according to you, low standards? Bizarre and hypocritical..
apologise quickly? Is that all you think he did wrong?
Comedy gold mate.

If you are suggesting that its wrong for Starmer to accept accountability for his former leadership position that doesn't say much about any future (god forbid) premiership..
I am not suggesting anything apart from, you are so blindly biased you cannot understand or comprehend a counter point.

So Starmer should apologise?

If he knew each case, and it's evidence presented to him were false. Sure.

Did he? Do you have proof that he personally prosecuted all 27 cases? and that he knew and believed at the time, or have suspicion at the time that the evidence were wrong? and he followed through with the prosecution, himself?

Or at minimum, he was informed by his local CPS colleagues that these cases were not justified and he pushed them to go forward?

Last edited:
If he knew each case, and it's evidence presented to him were false. Sure.

Did he? Do you have proof that he personally prosecuted all 27 cases? and that he knew and believed at the time, or have suspicion at the time that the evidence were wrong? and he followed through with the prosecution, himself?

Lol they'd love you in Westminster - plausible deniability for the win - its this sort of lack of accountability that allows these sorts of scandals to happen.

It happened on his watch - he should apologise - no excuses.

Lol they'd love you in Westminster - plausible deniability for the win - its this sort of lack of accountability that allows these sorts of scandals to happen.

It happened on his watch - he should apologise - no excuses.

You sure you haven't looked in the mirror? You can't even see the hypocritical posts you are making.

I thought you are smart...

This isn't even about political ideology, it's simply looking at facts.

Boris ordered the country to isolate (so he knew), he then had an office party the same time...(so he knew what he did was wrong....he just went on TV telling people not to do it)

vs

Starmer, head of the CPS....apologising for things that he is unlikely to know, in the far corners of local county.

If he did, then sure....but without evidence...i can't say!

That is more than fair to look at it.

Last edited:
This is just mind bogglingly insane.

The sheer derangement in attempting to link Starmer to this reeks of utter desperation and pure ignorance.

It's just so stark raving bonkers that I don't even know where to begin.
He did have a beer and a curry during COVID, grounds for permanent banishment in my eyes.

I'm sure they will but keen to see how the PO and Fujitsu worm their way out of the false (not wrongful) convictions. It was fraud and theft as well. And who put Vinnells up for a CBE and spot on the cabinet (May)? Got to laugh at the current government doing little to nothing, then suddenly quickly passing a law once public outrage reached a fever pitch.

Last edited:
I am 100% looking at the facts - he was in charge - buck stops at the top.

Then when is Truss going to apologise to all those people paying for more for their mortgages?

If you are going to take a massive sweep at the whole thing.....Truss need to go around apologising too.

Buck stops at the top.

Last edited:
So much crap is going to come out of the woodwork about this. The latest is the guys going after the sub postmasters getting bonuses based on convictions and amounts of money recovered.
Yep...

• The prosecutor (the Post Office themselves) had control of what evidence it released to the defence. They were almost the judge, jury and executioner.
  • There were financial gains for people in the PO to prosecute innocent people.
  • The PO knowingly lied to people when they said they were the only case and no-one else was affected by Horizon issues.
  • The PO knowingly lied when it said that only the post masters had access to their account.
  • At least one case involved the PO internally agreeing she could not have been guilty of theft, but instead of dropping the case they persuaded her to take a plea bargain of a lesser case of false accounting to avoid being tried for theft.
  • The PO hid a report from an expert witness that said the accused could not have been guilty and that Horizon was likely the cause. The PO's barrister told the judge that a "third party" would not let them have access to the report which is a lie.
  • To avoid prosecution or reduce the amount repaid some post masters had to sign non-disclosure agreements where they could not talk about their case or Horizon.
  • Probably lots and lots and lots more too.

I heard on the radio today a government minister saying that some kind of fast track compensation is being made available for people whose finances prevent them waiting for a proper settlement. But it seemed to be worded in such a way that this wasn't an advance on future compensation and it would be a final settlement. In other words it's simply there to target people under extreme financial pressure so they go away and get less compensation in the future. Even the £600k being offered last year is paltry for someone who lost their house, lost all their savings, went to prison and/or had so much extreme stress over the years. It's absolutely paltry.

The whole thing is disgraceful and getting worse.

Then when is Truss going to apologise to all those people paying for more for their mortgages?

Bucks stop at the top.

What does that have to do with Starmer's connection to the Horizon scandal? Maybe start another thread.

This does give us a depressing insight to a future Labour government - yes we screwed up the NHS, bankrupted the economy, thrown Israel and Ukraine to the wolves "but Boris"... sigh..

Except you have no fact that he actually knew the ins and outs of the case....without it, he can't randomly telling his peers to stop prosecuting X, Y, Z cases.

Imagine if he does that!

So, for the buck to stop at the top, there need to be evidence that the CPS knew about all the problems in the case, and that it ran deep in the CPS and he had some knowledge. This would be like sacking the CEO of Microsoft because a telesales guy swore at some customers. 27 cases in the CPS is nothing. Because "buck stops at the top".

Last edited:
What does that have to do with Starmer's connection to the Horizon scandal? Maybe start another thread.

This does give us a depressing insight to a future Labour government - yes we screwed up the NHS, bankrupted the economy, thrown Israel and Ukraine to the wolves "but Boris"... sigh..

Same standard!

At least we know Truss knew about the effect of her mini budget....

Except you have no fact that he actually knew the ins and outs of the case....without it, he can't randomly telling his peers to stop prosecuting X, Y, Z cases.

Imagine if he does that!

So, for the buck to stop at the top, there need to be evidence that the CPS knew about all the problems in the case, and that it ran deep in the CPS and he had some knowledge. This would be like sacking the CEO of Microsoft because a telesales guy swore at some customers. 27 cases in the CPS is nothing. Because "buck stops at the top".

If the CEO of MS heard that a telesales guy swore at a customer as it became national news do you not think they would apologise on behalf of MS? You think they'd just say it was nothing to do with them? Come off it..

You sound like you’d blame Starmer if your Weetabix got too soggy.

If Starmer was CEO of Weetabix and my complaint of sub-standard breakfast cereal became national news then yes it would reflect badly on him if he claimed it was nothing to do with him..would it not?

This is about as breathtakingly stupid a take as the morons who tried to link him to Jimmy Saville.

Seriously, just stop with this silliness, it makes you look utterly ridiculous and totally unhinged to anyone even remotely rational.

The CPS itself isn't to blame, the individual prosecutors aren't to blame, and sure as hell Keir Starmer isn't blame.

The job of the CPS is to handle the prosecution of criminal cases that have been investigated by the police or other investigative units in the UK; in this case, the Post Office.

These investigative units pass on evidence to the CPS and the CPS then performs the prosecution, based entirely upon that evidence.

What you're bizarrely expecting, is an apology from Starmer that amounts to an apology for everyone within his remit, doing their job properly:

Imaginary Starmer apology said:
I'm very sorry that the Post Office, which I am not in charge of, failed to perform a thorough investigation and in fact appear to have withheld evidence from the us, the CPS.

I am also very sorry that my prosecutors did their job properly and prosecuted based up the evidence provided by the Post Office.

Next up, I am very sorry that I did not randomly wade into a case being handled by some of our CPS prosecutors, and overrule them, when I had no known reason to.

Finally I am also very sorry that I did not have a magic crystal ball to tell me that the Post Office were involved in a coverup and attempting to avoid justice.

There's not enough facepalms in the world to do this justice.

It's almost as if you're hoping that the British public are thick enough to not have any understanding whatsoever regarding the very basics of how our institutions operate.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom