So, this post office palaver then

No it was weak and mealy mouthed as ever - this situation is hardly like a certain pointless festival of wokery enquiry.. way to trivialise things..
You really are your arguments' worst enemy, arent you. You realise you're manifesting exactly the nonsense I was sending up?

I'm always intrigued as to which educational establishment let you leave with this level of critical thinking and reasoned debate.

They must have been convinced by the evidence. The CPS are renowned for kicking out unwinnable cases put to them by the police.
The police however actually have to disclose potential problems and have been taught to not hide stuff that is inconvenient.

If the post office were actively hiding known issues (they were by the sounds of it), it makes the evidence they did supply seem much stronger than it actually was.
Remember the post office were the victim, the supplier of the proof, and the only people that knew what level of accuracy the proof had. When they actively refuse to acknowledge that their system had potential issues they are massively overstating the reliability of their proof.
And there was now way, unlike with say DNA or Fingerprint evidence for the defence to question the reliability of that evidece, as the post office were the only people who knew how their system worked or it's reliability (both fingerprint and DNA testing have publicly published methodologies and standards, so any qualified third party can check the reliability of it).

A lot of the legal system works on absolute trust in the various legal teams and prosecutors, it's one of the reasons why normally actively and willingly lying to the court has such severe consequences, and why there are specific crimes about things like making false statements or impeding it.

Just watching a bit more and it seems like some of the defence lawyers were asking for full audits from after their clients were removed to find out if there were problems noted after, and the post office basically handwaved it away and were unwilling to state if any equipment had been changed.

[edit]
Also there is proof of these sub postmasters asking for help after finding errors, including in some cases hundreds of phone calls and multiple letters where they were assured the problem would be looked at, and the post office didn't disclose these sorts of things in their disclosure until in some cases the day before court hearings.

Last edited:
Leaders take accountability when they've made mistakes, or been in charge of things where their staff have made mistakes.

You're trying to say that he should apologies for the fact the CPS did their job properly, but were lied to by the investigators who had nothing to do with the CPS.

Is it normal that the CPS 'doing their job properly' leads to miscarriages of justice and that's ok with you?

No wonder people don't have much faith in the system sigh..

You really are your arguments' worst enemy, arent you. You realise you're manifesting exactly the nonsense I was sending up?

I'm always intrigued as to which educational establishment let you leave with this level of critical thinking and reasoned debate.

Your naivety is staggering as is your inability to judge individual enquiries on their own merits..

The education system has clearly failed you.

The investigator currently being questioned seems to have ignored investigating the Horizon system and only really investigated the post master. As the person questioning him said "But aren't you the investigator?"

Last edited:
Do you understand how the CPS works?

It's irrelevant to the point that there were multiple miscarriages of justice during a period for which Starmer was accountable and he has point blank refused to even provide a mealy mouthed yeah / but no apology for.

Cheer leaders for the CPS whatever next...

You should also watch "Mr Bates vs The Post Office" from ITV:

This is probably what finally stirred the government into action.

No I remember a parliamentary debate just before Christmas in which all sides took part. It was reporting on the degree of progress with the courts and the public enquiry. It all seemed quite agreeable. With all sides hoping for a speedier conclusion.

It should be said that the government cannot hurry the courts. Recent accelerated progress has been due to the government's proposal to bypass the court process altogether.

The investigator currently being questioned seems to have ignored investigating the Horizon system and only really investigated the post master. As the person questioning him said "But aren't you the investigator?"
He comes across as a complete **** tbh. I hope there are some serious repercussions for those involved.

So, in simple terms, is this another case of only the lawyers came out on top (and potentially complicit in the deception)?

..well based on some of the posts, sadly, that's seemingly the hope for Starmer at least..

..the biggest losers will of course be the public that have to pay for this mess..

Edit: thought to myself, whats the point in engaging with the deaf and blind?

Making this a truly political argument about who's right and wrong is hilarious.

Last edited:
It's irrelevant to the point that there were multiple miscarriages of justice during a period for which Starmer was accountable and he has point blank refused to even provide a mealy mouthed yeah / but no apology for.

Cheer leaders for the CPS whatever next...
Not wanting to stand up for Kier Starmer here, but the majority of the prosecutions were brought by the Post Office themselves and not the CPS, as the Post Office has the ability to bring private prosecutions like the RSPCA does.

38 Degrees doing another petition..

Some of the people responsible for this massive injustice should really see jail time, that's the only way justice would be served because no amount of compensation is going to give back the time spent in prison by those who were innocent

That's a great tldr. Passed me by completely
I watched the documentary to, it was eye opening, but then lots of other world events happened and this seemed to get forgotten mostly!

I recall reading that one post office worker killed themselves because they could not live with what it had done to their life.

Here's a video breakdwn, gonna watch the drama too.

Back
Top Bottom